1Ending of GoT
HBO may reveal the ending to the Game of Thrones series before the last book comes out due to scheduling commitments.
2. Actor Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister) was given top billing in season 2 after winning an Emmy and a Golden Globe
3. Wilko Johnson, British music legend and the actor who plays the mute executioner Ilyn Payne has pancreatic cancer and was given 9-10 months to live in January 2013.
4. Game of Thrones was the most pirated TV show of 2012.
5. Gwendoline Christie (Brienne) does not know her birthday or her age.
6Game of Thrones
The torture scene with the rat in the heated pot in Game of Thrones was an actual method of torture that was used during the Red Terror.
7. Singer Lily Allen wrote a song about her little brother being a loser for smoking weed, watching p*rn, and not getting his act together. He now has a successful acting career playing Theon Greyjoy (Alfie Allen) on Game of Thrones.
8. Arya is the fastest rising baby name given to girls in the USA, most likely due to Game of Thrones
9. Harry Lloyd, who played Viserys Targaryen is the great-great-great grandson of English writer Charles Dickens.
10. Kristian Nairn (Hodor in GoT) is a successful DJ, who performed with Scissor Sisters and Calvin Harris and is also a World of Warcraft enthusiast
11Atlas Corporation Studio
The world's largest film studio is located in Morocco consisting mostly of deserts and mountains. It was used for some Game of Thrones episode, The Mummy, Gladiator, etc. It has also become a popular tourist resort due to the sets remaining from old movie productions.
12. Bethesda Softworks was approached to make a Game of Thrones RPG, but they turned it down to make Skyrim
13. There is an unaired pilot of Game of Thrones that will probably never see the light of day
14. Sibel Kekilli who plays Shae in GoT used to be a porn star and went by the stage name Dilara
15. According to the marketing director of SBS, Game of Thrones has the highest fan engagement rate of any TV series.
The Iron Throne used in the series is sharp and jagged, cutting those who sit on it. In the book, Aegon had it made this way deliberately saying that a king should never sit easy
17. In order to make Game of thrones, HBO hired an expert linguist to make the Dothraki language consisting of 1800 words.
18. A feud between two English Noble Houses in the 1450s sparked the War of the Roses and provided inspiration for George RR Martin's, A Song of Ice and Fire.
19. Game of Thrones used a prop of George Bush's head in several of the beheading scenes
20. To illustrate the producers that he was Khal Drogo, Jason Momoa performed the Haka (a traditional Maori war dance) at his audition for Game of Thrones.
21George's childhood stories
During his childhood, George R.R. Martin wrote stories about a kingdom inhabited by his pet turtles and that they would kill each other in sinister plots.
22. Before writing Song of Ice and Fire, George R.R. Martin wrote a novel, called Fevre Dream, about steamboats and vampires.
23. George R. R. Martin still types his novels using a DOS computer with WordStar 4.0 software
24. Rose Leslie (Ygritte) grew up in Lickleyhead Castle, her family’s 15th-century ancestral seat in Aberdeen, Scotland. She is a descendant of Charles II.
25. Doune Castle, which was used in the filming of Monty Python and the Holy Grail, was also used in the filming of Game of Thrones.