60 Awesome Statistics That’ll Fascinate You – Part 2

- Sponsored Links -

51Fat metabolism

Sleeping in a cold room can help you slim down. A study shows sleeping in a 66 degree room (Fahrenheit) can help increase your fat burning ability by 10%.


52. 93% of shark attacks around the world between 1580 and 2010 were on males.


53. Roughly 3-5% of the world’s population has apathy toward music known as "musical anhedonia," in which their brain is biologically incapable of responding to any music whatsoever.


54. About 90% of the human population is right-handed, while the remaining 10% are either left-handed or have some degree of ambidexterity, though people with “true” ambidexterity, i.e., no dominant hand at all, only make up about 1% of the population.


55. About 40% of the calls that come into the emergency hotline (911) in San Francisco are deemed nonemergencies. Examples include people complaining about rap music next door, car towing, and, in one case, no internet.


Latest FactRepublic Video:
32 Incredible Easter Eggs You Missed in Harry Potter Movies


56Myopic

About 80-90% of high school graduates in Singapore are myopic. The same is true in China, Taiwan, Japan, and South Korea, all places where kids now spend far more time hunched over a desk or computer than the previous generations. Some studies estimate that about half the world could need glasses by 2050.


57. Roughly 25% of women or 33% of men snort when they laugh.


58. Nguyen is a very common Vietnamese family name. By some estimates, 40% of Vietnamese people bear this surname.


59. In 2013, women earned 60% of all bachelor’s degrees that were awarded that year in the United States.


60. During World War 2 more than 60% of the French army was African; however, months before D-Day, American and British commanders decided that only French troops who were 100% white could take part in the operation to free Paris.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here