Adermatoglyphia is an extremely rare genetic disorder that prevents the development of fingerprints. Five extended families worldwide are known to be affected by this condition.
27. Cutis laxa is a connective tissue disorder in which the skin becomes inelastic and hangs loosely in folds, making one look old/older than they are.
28. Resignation Syndrome is an illness where children who have experienced great trauma and uncertainty slip into a coma-like state for months or years at a time.
29. Polished Anus Syndrome (Perianal Dermatitis) affects around 5% of the US population. It is caused by wiping too hard with dry toilet paper.
30. Streff Syndrome is a rare condition that is predominantly seen in pre-teens. Its diagnostic criteria is eyesight deterioration caused by extreme emotional stress.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
15 Most Controversial & Costly Blunders in History
31Medical Student Syndrome
The Medical Student Syndrome is a condition experienced by medical students who perceive they are suffering from the disease they are studying.
32. There is a rare medical condition called Uncombable Hair Syndrome where the hair does not grow downward, but out from the scalp in multiple directions and cannot be flattened down.
33. Solipsism is a psychological state in which a person feels that reality is not external to their mind. The syndrome is characterized by feelings of loneliness, detachment and indifference to the outside world.
34. Empty Nose Syndrome is a horrific condition you can develop after nasal surgery that gives you a 24/7 feeling of suffocation and has caused several of its sufferers to commit suicide.
35. Mermaid syndrome (Sirenomelia) is a rare congenital deformity in which a newborn’s legs are fused together, giving the appearance of a mermaid’s tail.
36Precordial Catch Syndrome
That momentary stabbing pain we all experience in the upper left chest once in a while is known as Precordial Catch Syndrome. It is a non-serious condition and it usually subsides in a few minutes with no long-lasting effects. It is still unclear why this happens.
37. Diogenes syndrome, also known as senile squalor syndrome, is a disorder characterized by extreme self-neglect. The name derives from Diogenes of Sinope, an ancient Greek philosopher, a Cynic, and an ultimate minimalist, who allegedly lived in a large jar in Athens.
38. Visual Snow Syndrome is a rare disease that causes an effect like TV static in your vision.
39. Gourmand syndrome is a rare disorder whose sufferers become obsessed with gourmet food after suffering brain trauma.
40. The “Sad Nipple Syndrome” is a biological condition that has been observed in some women who feel an intense sense of sadness when their nipples are touched.
Amblyopia otherwise known as lazy eye is a disorder that causes the brain to fail to process inputs from one eye and over time favors the other eye.
42. A rare genetic disorder known as Testotoxicosis, which only affects boys, causes them to reach puberty at the age of just 2 or 3.
43. Lissencephaly is a disorder that causes “smooth brain”. Males are more likely to inherit the disease and are more severely affected. Females who inherit the disease may have mild symptoms or even appear completely healthy with no symptoms. Some kids may never be able to sit, stand, walk or roll over. They might have poor muscle tone. Their hands, fingers, or toes may be deformed.
44. Utilization behavior is a psychological disorder in which people affected by it find it difficult to ignore anything in front of them. For example, if presented with a toothbrush, they will brush their teeth, regardless of the situation. This disorder is also linked to hypersexuality.
45. Delusional parasitosis is a mental disorder in which individuals have a persistent belief that they are infested with living or nonliving pathogens such as parasites, insects, or bugs when no such infestation is present. It's most commonly seen in people working the pest control industry.
46Boredom Burnout Syndrome
A psychological disorder called “Bore out” (Boredom burnout syndrome) is used to describe the boredom of office employees that can lead to psychological illnesses such as depression as well as physical illnesses.
47. Takotsubo syndrome, or broken heart syndrome is caused by a sudden peak in stress that stuns the heart and changes the shape of the left ventricle, causing it have a narrow neck and a round bottom, similar to tako tsubo: a Japanese octopus trap.
48. Foreign Accent Syndrome is a rare but recurring phenomenon that causes people to wake up from comas speaking with foreign accents they have never used before.
49. There is a mood disorder called Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) which is estimated to affect 1 in 3 people. Sufferers seem to have normal mental health throughout most of the year, but exhibit depressive symptoms at the same time each year, most commonly in winter.
50. In 2016 and 2017 American and Canadian diplomats stationed in Cuba began reporting unusual, unexplained health problems later described in a medical study as "a new syndrome in the diplomats that resembles persistent concussion." The cause of "Havana Syndrome" is still unknown.