There is a mall in China that offers "husband storage", where wives can leave their husbands while they shop.
27. Approximately half of the atoms in our bodies originated in the Milky Way, while the other half are from other galaxies.
28. In Hara, Ethiopia, Hyenas, and humans have a unique relationship. At night, two Hyena clans fight outside for access to the city. The people do not fear the hyenas and give the winning clan leftover meat that they believe hyenas consume to rid the city of bad spirits.
29. Conan O'Brien required reconstructive surgery on his nose after a street gang, "beat the s*it out of [him]." The damage was so severe that, when asked the extent of the damage, Conan's doctor said, "Broken? Good god, man, it's a bag of bones!"
30. The current Guinness world record for the loudest burp is 109.9 dB, set by Paul Hunn in August 2009. This is louder than a jackhammer at a distance of 1 m.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
32 Incredible Easter Eggs You Missed in Harry Potter Movies
31First transatlantic telegraph message
After the first transatlantic telegraph message, the citizens of New York were so excited that they set the City Hall on fire during the celebrations.
32. In 1872, a ship known as the Mary Celeste was discovered adrift and deserted in the Atlantic. The last log entry was 10 days before her discovery and when another ship happened upon her. All of the provisions and belongings of the crew were perfectly intact, but the crew were all missing.
33. Evidence to support the view that some obese people eat little yet gain weight due to a slow metabolism is limited. On average, obese people have a greater energy expenditure than their healthy-weight counterparts due to the energy required to maintain an increased body mass.
34. Linford Christie was disqualified from competing in the 1996 Olympics 100m final due to having a 'false' start with a reaction time of 0.086s. The rules state that the runners must have a reaction time of greater than 0.1s.
35. The Sputnik 1 didn't have any sensors, only a radio transmitter and it was launched 60 years ago.
Jagdish Raj, an Indian actor holds the Guinness record for the most type-cast actor. He played a police officer in 144 films.
37. The Danish Language is so difficult to learn, that Danish children take longer to learn to speak than children from other countries.
38. In the first Simpsons Treehouse of Horror (Halloween special), Marge warns parents of the content of the episode advising them to put their children to bed. The warning was put in as a sincere effort to warn young viewers, as the producers felt it was somewhat scary.
39. An amateur radio enthusiast named Artie Moore in the UK heard Titanic's SOS call using his homemade radio equipment. Titanic's radio company president was so impressed by his homemade radio that he offered the man a job, where he worked for the next 35 years.
40. Cuteness inspired aggression is the reason people want to squeeze cute things.
Michael Jackson was once officially crowned King of Sanwi, a small kingdom at the bottom of the Ivory Coast. When Michael Jackson died, the nation mourned for two whole days.
42. In an attempt to reduce poo on the streets, anyone handing in a bag of dog poop in New Taipei City, Taiwan, was entered into a lottery for gold ingots and other prizes.
43. "The Golden Girls", "All in the Family" and "Will and Grace" are the only three sitcoms where every performer in the main cast won at least one Emmy.
44. Cats can recognize their owner's voices. They just never evolved to care.
45. The Coliseum got its name, not because of its massive size, but because of its proximity to a colossal 'Statue of Liberty' sized bronze statue of Emperor Nero.
The record for longest consecutive prison sentence ending with the prisoner's release is 68 years. Paul Geidel was convicted of 2nd-degree murder at the age of 17 and was released at the age of 86.
47. Hawaii affectionately calls Las Vegas "The 9th Island" because more than 300,000 Hawaiians visit it annually.
48. Spain remained neutral in World War 2 largely because of $200 million bribe from British intelligence.
49. The tallest building in Vermont named Decker towers is only 11 floors tall and was constructed in 1971.
50. North Korea appears pitch black at night on NASA satellite images. Entire streets shut down, and people go to bed early with nothing else to do in the darkness. South Korea uses 10,162-kilowatt hours per person a year compared to North Korea who only uses 739.