In 2012, when Taylor Swift held a public vote for where she should visit and perform a free concert, 4chan users as a prank voted for a children's school for the deaf and won the vote. Swift donated $10,000 to the school, 4 companies matched her donation, VH1 gave $10,000 in instruments, and Swift gave the students tickets to her Boston concert.
2. Elvis Presley once asked his limo driver, "Do you own this limo or do you work for the company?" He responded, "I work for the company." Elvis said, "Well, you own it now." The limo driver's tip was the limo.
3. In 2003, Madonna leaked a fake version of her album to pirates where every song was a loop of her saying "What the fu*k do you think you're doing?" Then a hacker posted the real songs on her own site for everyone to download.
4. After Kanye West interrupted Taylor Swift during her acceptance speech at the September 2009 MTV Video Music Awards, Comedy Central replayed the episode "Fishsticks" four times consecutively.
5. Elvis' manager (Colonel Tom Parker) sold "I Hate Elvis" badges to make money from those who otherwise wouldn't have parted with their cash for Elvis merchandise.
When his childhood friend, Amy Wadge, couldn't afford to pay her mortgage, Ed Sheeran let her co-write "Thinking Out Loud," so she could get paid for it. The song has been streamed more than half a billion times on Spotify alone, and it eventually went three times platinum in the UK.
7. The Super Bowl has required national anthem vocals to be pre-recorded since 1993 when Garth Brooks declined to pre-record and then refused to sing live until a dispute over debuting a music video during the game could be settled, resulting in a delayed kickoff.
8. Before Ed Sheeran became internationally famous, he put on a free show for his small fan base. Over 1,000 fans turned up to see the show, so Sheeran ended up playing four different shows to make sure everyone saw a gig, including a gig outside on the street after the venue had closed.
9. Garth Brooks is one of the last holds out big-name musicians refusing to put his music on iTunes because he disagrees with Apple's approach to selling music. He will only make his back catalog of hits and his new music available for download on his own website.
10. The only time Elvis Presley and The Beatles met, they were so starstruck that Elvis threatened to go to bed unless one of the band members spoke to him.
111957 Elvis Seattle concert
In 1957, Elvis Presley asked his audience at a Seattle concert to please rise for the national anthem. He picked up his guitar, leaned in, shook his hips and began his biggest hit "You ain't nothin' but a hound dog." The crowd went wild. A 15-year-old Jimmy Hendrix was there.
12. The second floor of Elvis' Graceland is forbidden and the only non-family member to see it was Nicholas Cage, who married Lisa Marie Presley.
13. Weird Al Yankovic has never accepted any outside ideas or titles for a song, with one exception, when Madonna herself asked when he was going to turn "Like a Virgin" into "Like a Surgeon".
14. "Bennie And The Jets" by Elton John isn't a live recording but because producer Gus Dudgeon wanted a live feel on the recording, he mixed in crowd noise and whistles into the song.
15. Elvis Presley was 24 years old when he started seeing 14-year-old Priscilla.
Elvis Presley wore a cross, a star of David and the Hebrew letter chai. He said: "I don't want to miss out on heaven due to a technicality."
17. Elvis Presley was known for being so generous that he had problems not buying strangers and friends expensive gifts. Elvis's maid and cook Mary Jenkins was gifted six cars including three Cadillacs from him before his death. Elvis also gave his dentist and jeweler cars.
18. Elvis Presley only ever failed in one class and it was music.
19. In 1977, three men were arrested for attempting to steal Elvis Presley's remains for ransom. This is why his body along with his mother's, was moved to Graceland where they are monitored by security.
20. While Eminem was in rehab, Elton John would call him weekly to check on him.
Garth Brooks's 1993 song “We Shall Be Free” was boycotted by some country radio stations because it included the line “When we’re free to love anyone we choose.”
22. In 2016, Celine Dion stood near the open casket of her deceased husband for 7 hours to greet and comfort complete strangers who had arrived to pay their respects at the public visitation held on the eve of his funeral. She was only expected to stay for 30 minutes.
23. Singer Chris Brown appeared in court in 2012 with his lawyer regarding his probation after assaulting Rihanna. Brown attempted to address the court but was interrupted by his lawyer, who said: "I don't dance; you don't talk."
24. In 1963 at the age of 11, Kurt Russell starred in a movie with Elvis Presley. 16 years later, a 27-year-old Russell played Elvis in a TV movie, and 15 years after that, voiced Elvis in Forrest Gump.
25. Elvis Presley's favorite movie was "Monty Python and The Holy Grail". He would some times rent out a movie theater to do midnight screenings of this movie with his friends.