26Elvis Presley and Red West
Before Elvis Presley became famous, he had a troubling past of getting bullied. Once in high school, three guys were going to cut his hair off. Then a man, named Red West intervened the scene and stopped them. He would become Elvis's bodyguard and friend and was with him from 1956 to 1975.
27. The lyrics to Elton John's 'Rocket Man' were meant to be taken literally and it is about a Mars-bound astronaut leaving his family to do his job.
28. Many were critical of Eminem for his homophobic, violent, and misogynistic lyrics. But as a show of support Elton John performed "Stan" with Eminem at the 2001 Grammys, saying that he recognized Eminem's songs to be written from the perspective of the deranged Slim Shady.
29. After seeing Elvis in concert, Liberace suggested he wear flashy costumes. Elvis took the advice and began sporting gold lame jackets and jeweled white jumpsuits.
30. Following the death of Elvis, his record label made millions with Orion, a masked performer who sounded exactly like The King, leading many to believe he never really died.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
15 Most Controversial & Costly Blunders in History
American singer Elvis Presley hated English singer John Lennon and wanted to beat him up for his anti-war stance.
32. Elvis Presley was a natural blonde. He started to dye his hair at a young age to have an edgier look.
33. Former newspaper editor of The Sun, Kelvin Mackenzie, published a story alleging Elton John had the voiceboxes of his own guard dogs removed. He was proven wrong when a reporter went round to check and the dogs barked at him.
34. The coroner's report revealed Whitney Houston wore full dentures, probably as a direct result of her drug use.
35. Lady Gaga's 'Telephone' and Rihanna's 'Umbrella' were both originally written for Britney Spears, while 'Baby One More Time' was written for TLC.
Elvis Presley once bought a random stranger a car after he saw her admiring his custom limo while it was parked at a car dealership.
37. After Elvis Presley performed Simon & Garfunkel's "Bridge Over Troubled Water", Paul Simon, who attended the show, said, "That's it, we might as well all give up now."
38. Elton John has sold more than 300 million records and for 31 consecutive years (1970–2000) he has had at least one song in the Billboard Hot 100.
39. A young Elvis Presley was once told: "Stick to driving a truck because you'll never make it as a singer."
40. Timon & Pumbaa were the original singers of 'Can You Feel The Love Tonight' from "The Lion King." Elton John hated it and adjusted it to the more romantic version heard in the film.
Ed Sheeran wrote "Love Yourself" but decided it wouldn't fit his album, so he gave it to Justin Bieber.
42. The hotel where Whitney Houston died is remodeling her room due to constant requests from people all over the world to stay there and recreate her last night including laying naked in the bathtub she was found in.
43. James Cameron originally did not want Titanic to have a theme song. Composer James Horner got Celine Dion to record the song 'My Heart Will Go On' in secret. Dion disliked the song and only one take was done. This demo version was eventually used and Dion has never recorded the song again.
44. Whitney Houston's cover of "I Will Always Love You" won every award it was nominated for.
45. Elvis Presley was critical of The Beatles, stating that they "laid the groundwork for many of the problems we are having with young people by their filthy, unkempt appearances and suggestive music".
46Elvis Presley and Nixon
American singer Elvis Presley was so famous the Secret Service let him bring a Colt .45 into the White House to give to President Nixon.
47. Iggy Pop was once attacked by a man in a gorilla suit, and that man was Elton John.
48. When Elton John told his parents of his desire to become an entertainer, they tried to steer him towards a more conventional career, like banking. The flamboyant costumes he wore on stage early in his career were a way of 'letting go' after his restrictive childhood.
49. Elvis Presley was obsessed with Karate and even used his skills to fight off 4 attackers who came at him during a show.
50. Whitney Houston Lip Synced her 1991 Superbowl rendition of the U.S. National Anthem. The performance is frequently considered one of the best anthems in history but her microphone was turned off and a pre-recorded version was played.
Why is there nothing about Michael Jackson in this list when he is the greatest entertainer the world has ever seen.
Just checked out You Tube for Garth Brooks. Guess What? He’s There☺
It was itunes not you tube,