Due to the popularity of television shows such as Criminal Minds, the FBI has an FAQ that states that no job called “profiler” exists and that “despite some popular depictions...FBI Special Agents do not get “vibes” or experience “psychic flashes” while “walking around fresh crime scenes.”
2. Ancient Egyptian's tried to domesticate cheetahs as house pets, and also tamed them to be used for hunting.
3. The female Kangaroo can produce both full-fat and low-fat milk at the same time in order to feed two joeys at different stages of development.
4. The BBFC, the UK's film censorship board, was once forced to watch a 10-hour film of paint drying on the wall before it could give it an age rating. The film was rated as a "U" (Universal) with "no material likely to offend or harm."
5. Australian artist Gotye turned down $10 million dollars in YouTube royalties for hit 'Somebody That I Used to Know'. He said 'I'm not interested in selling music and that's the reason I don't put ads on my channel.'
Latest FactRepublic Video:
15 Most Controversial & Costly Blunders in History
Ghost sheet comes from burial sheets. In old theater productions, when you wanted someone to look as if they had risen from the dead you would have them appear in their burial sheet thus representing that they were corpses.
7. During the sinking of the cruise ship MTS Oceanos, captain and crew were among the first to leave and left all passengers on board to their destiny. Entertainment staff took control and successfully evacuated and saved everyone on board.
8. The woman in the famous "Migrant Mother" photo was Florence Owens Thompson, a Cherokee woman, and widow who came from Oklahoma to California with her second husband during the Great Depression. Her 10 children all survived poverty and starvation and later bought her a house. She lived to the age of 80.
9. "Lactose-free milk" is just milk with an added enzyme that helps lactose-intolerant people digest it.
10. Astronaut Samantha Cristoforetti wore a 'Star Trek' uniform in space.
Infants will stare at an attractive face longer than an unattractive one.
12. Isreali Labor Party delayed their elections in 2017 because of a Britney Spears concert. They feared that party members would rather go to a concert than find a polling station and vote.
13. Australians don't traditionally celebrate Halloween, and its increasing popularity there is often considered to be an example of encroaching American cultural imperialism, despite it being a millennia-old Celtic European holiday.
14. There are no pain receptors in the brain itself. Surgery can be done on the brain and technically the brain does not feel that pain. But the meninges (coverings around the brain), periosteum (coverings on the bones), and the scalp all have pain receptors, which is where migraines occur.
15. When work crews pulled open a broken BART escalator at San Francisco's Civic Center Station in 2018, they found so much human excrement in its works that they had to call a hazardous-materials team.
The Blue Mustang is a 32-foot tall sculpture of a blue horse at Denver International Airport. It was designed by sculptor Luis Jiménez who was unable to complete the project after the head fell on him and severed an artery in his leg, killing him. His staff and family finished the job for him.
17. Ireland was a major hub for slavery in the 11th Century, with the Irish kidnapping people in Ireland, Scotland, and Wales. When slavery was banned in England, it impacted Ireland severely. One of the reasons why the Normans invaded Ireland was because of the Irish refusal to give up slavery.
18. Yellow fever came to the Americas aboard slave ships. Two hundred years later, it helped end slavery in Haiti. An epidemic broke out during the Haitian Revolution, killing two-thirds of the French army and almost none of the slaves and France was forced to surrender the island.
19. The South Park episode 'Korn's Groovy Pirate Ghost Mystery' served as the world premiere of their song 'Falling Away From Me' which went on to become one of the band's most popular songs ever.
20. The male platypus is venomous and the venom is painful, immediate, long-lasting, and impervious to painkillers.
21Teen Talk Barbie
The Teen Talk Barbie's quip "math class is tough" generated controversy among educators who feared it contributed to negative gender stereotypes. It also inspired The Simpsons episode "Lisa vs. Malibu Stacy."
22. Roman general Scipio Africanus who defeated Hannibal, was plagued by corruption accusations from his peers after the war. After his death, he was buried away from Rome with the inscription “Thankless country, thou shalt not possess even my bones” on his tomb.
23. In an interview with Super Mario Odyssey director Kenta Motokura, he confirms that Mario is human. When asked why Mario is so different, Motokura responds "In the world, there are many different types of people, you know."
24. As of August 2018, in Venezuela, you can buy 925,000 gallons of premium gasoline for $1.
25. During the 1980s Japanese property bubble, the value of the Tokyo Imperial Palace was higher than all of the real estate in the state of California.