During WWI, a British soldier showed mercy to a wounded German infantryman, who later turned out to be Adolf Hitler.
2. During WWII, during Operation Mincemeat, British intelligence successfully deceived Hitler into thinking the Allies were landing in Greece rather than Sicily by dressing up a dead homeless man in a captain's uniform, fitting him with fake documents, and dropping him off the coast of Spain
3. After his failed coup in 1923, Hitler only served eight months of his five-year sentence. This was the customary sentence for those whom the judge believed to have had honorable but misguided motives.
4. Adolf Hitler (1938), Joseph Stalin (1939, 1942) and Ayatollah Khomeni (1979) all were TIME “Person of the Year.”
5. Francisco Franco ordered many of the same deadly xenophobic/religious “solutions” as Hitler and Mussolini (and was asked to join the Axis during WW2), but managed to remain neutral enough that Richard Nixon memorialized him as: “loyal friend and ally of the United States.”
Latest FactRepublic Video:
15 Most Controversial & Costly Blunders in History
The skull recovered by the Soviets in 2000, that was believed to have been Adolf Hitler's was tested in 2009 and was confirmed to be a woman in her 30s.
7. There were over 40 assassination attempts on Adolf Hitler.
8. After Jesse Owens won 4 gold medals in the 1936 Olympics held in Berlin, Adolf Hitler sent Owens a commemorative inscribed cabinet photograph of himself. Honors were not bestowed upon Jesse Owens by either President Franklin D. Roosevelt or his successor Harry S. Truman during their terms.
9. When coming to power in January 1933, the Nazi Party passed a comprehensive set of animal protection laws, with Hitler saying "In the new Reich, no more animal cruelty will be allowed."
10. A German author published his novel in 2012 called Er ist Wieder da (He's back again) in which Hitler wakes up in modern Berlin with no memories since 1945 and becomes a comedian.
The French Resistance cut the elevator cables to the Eiffel Tower to keep Hitler from visiting it during his visit when Paris fell. When faced with the prospect of climbing over 1500 stairs, he opted out.
12. Hitler orchestrated what was the most powerful anti-smoking movement in the world during the 1930s and early 1940s.
13. Nearly all profits from Hitler’s "Mein Kampf", his image and his artwork go to charity. Bavaria owns the rights and sometimes has difficulty finding a charity to accept them, as they are widely considered "blood money."
14. One of Hitler's personal chauffeurs (Emil Maurice) and close friends was found to be Jewish and was targeted for expulsion from the SS by Heinrich Himmler. Upon hearing that Maurice was of Jewish descent Hitler made an exception for Maurice and his brothers calling them "honorary Aryans."
15. If Hitler's father hadn't changed his name in 1877, Hitler's name would have been "Adolf Schicklgruber."
After a total war economy was instituted in 1943, Hitler had the women's cosmetics industry gradually closed down rather than banned outright to avoid upsetting Eva Braun.
17. Hitler planned to collect thousands of Jewish artifacts to build the "Museum of An Extinct Race."
18. To foster infighting and maximize power, Adolf Hitler used to intentionally give contradicting orders to officers whose duties he knew would overlap.
19. Hitler accidentally bombed his nephew's house in Liverpool, so the nephew moved to the United States to fight with the Allies.
20. Hitler grew to hate soccer because it couldn't be fixed to ensure German victory over non-Germans.
Hitler wrote a second book after Mein Kampf in 1928. In it, he describes why he would go to war in Europe and how he admired US eugenics programs. It was never published because he feared it would hurt already-low Mien Kampf sales.
22. Hitler had a Jewish-Austrian doctor who didn't charge Hitler's family during his childhood due to their economic hardship. Because of this Hitler showed his "Everlasting Gratitude" by never sentencing him to a concentration camp, had him protected, by the Gestapo, and referred to him as "Noble Jew".
23. The plans to assassinate Adolf Hitler were canceled because it was feared his successor would be a more rational and effective leader.
24. When the battle of Stalingrad seemed lost for the Germans, Hitler expected his General, F. Paulus, to commit suicide. His response was: "I have no intention of shooting myself for this Bohemian corporal". Paulus surrendered on Feb 2, 1943.
25. Adolf Hitler never regarded the Chinese and Japanese as inferior to the Aryans. He thought that "their past history was superior to our own."
I think Hitler killed millions of people for good reason. He helped us to see less population now. Think, if those millions ppl were alive today! How much they’ve made (produced more kids, so millions makes millions and millions) today..
So happy to support Hitler… He is symbol of leadership.. Trump should learn something from hitler.
Are you really justifying a genocide? What is wrong with you. You should really get yourself checked into a mental institution.
Hitler was a madman, addicted to drugs and fantasized about his own neice. What kind of moron thinks he is a symbol of anything but depravity? Oh yeah, he slaughtered millions of innocent men, women and children.
was he the only one to
he was a great leaders who did what was right for his country
many leaders today as done so man bad thing to good people but nothing has happen why do we have put all our haterd on to one person
This is one of the most ridiculous things I have heard. He executed a race because he blamed them partly for the events after WW1. People like yourself are ones that need to be segregated somewhere in the middle of the ocean on an inescapable island so that they may not cause harm to others. Clearly you have some kind of mental deficiency or ar a sick human being as the Holocaust was a tragic massacre of an innocent people.
It’s a shame you didn’t live during that period in time. You would have done the world a favor by simply sacrificing yourself.
What is wrong with you? Genocide is not a good thing.
You do know that he killed all those people because he hated the Jews, right? He didn’t do it to lessen the population.
Are you ok seeing hitler as an idol? You need to be put in a mental asylum. Go to a docter.
The joke is on you. After the war it took about 6 months for the worlds population to replenish the numbers lost in the war worldwide. Also, there were more male children born than female to replace the majority of dead men. Nature found a way.
RE: Fact #6. So we don’t really know where he was buried or was i really dead, huh? That can be a fodder to conspiracy theorists.
I agree Hitler was crazy but at least he stopped animal cruelty.
Yeah, the gas chambers were already busy
People claim he was a genius, though he was simply been driven by hate and later considered himself quite smug. Then there was the population who supported him as he promised another world in time of poverty and unemployment. So honestly speaking I can’t think of even one positive comment about this animal Hitler
Hitler obtained political power by giving people someone to blame. Not your fault your poor and don’t have nice shit. It’s them greedy Jews. If they hadn’t cost us the last war….. People want someone else to blame for everything, give em that and see what you can accomplish. Btw not a Nazi nor a Trump supporter but democrats buy into the same bullshit just a different flavor.
O MY GOD…YOU…IF I MET YOU…NOT GOOD
okay u tell me one difficult for him to any other leader
he help his country to belief in ourside
and u wanna talk about genocide
look at saddam hussien
and many more there make hitlers holocaust look like murder
Wow so many of you got trolled into responding to Jane Austen, the best thing to do is just leave the attention seekers with this…
Hate the hatred Jane Austen is spewing, but I do agree that there was a silver lining to Hitler being part of history. Sure he was a fear-mongering madman who was hell bent on killing the Jews and other minorities. But his effects on humanity and the planet as a whole is still a controversial subject similar to Genghis Khan. Ghengis Khan’s conquests actually cooled the planet. The 13th-century Mongol leader’s bloody advance may have scrubbed 700 million tons of carbon from the atmosphere – by allowing previously populated and cultivated land to return to carbon-absorbing forest. I am not sure how much the population of the world might have been if not for the two World Wars, but they sure reduced the population of a lot of countries, brought a lot of innovation, helped nature reclaim a lot of land that was previously used by humans and overall the threat of atomic bombs alone made sure there were no more wars on the scale that were seen at that time.
Hitler was good, he fought Zionism, but propaganda has been always trying to destroy his legacy. “Who wins the war, writes the story” No to racism and no to anti-semitism, not every jew is a problem.
War sucks but it is what’s going to happen, brace yourself. Population in 1804 was 1 billion, 1927 it was 2 billion, 1974 it was 4 billion, 2017 it was 7.5 billion. If you don’t see a problem you are retarteded. The world can not handle the projected estimated population of 10 billion by 2044, something has to give. We will be headed to war soon, resources will run out, global warming will be destructive to food production, so war wil come down to food. However, to sell war, countries will use racism and hatred to go to war to get what is needed, just like Hitler. Enjoy the next few years, the end will began shorty.
The people that side with suck,Hitler was a horrible person and killed millions of people.How can you guys side with him,you are sick. Imagine what it would be like being a jew, imagine living in terror and trying to hide and having friends and family die! Most of the Jews that where killed where innocent.Jews aren’t aliens. I am all for having your own oppinon, but not for oppinions like that. Seriously, Rasime=Bad Killing=Bad Hitler=Bad Peace=Good
NoKilling=Good Get that through your heads.
Its not about politics…he was a Jewish born man who hated his own father. Learn your history. There is no Arian race. I had family on both sides of that war. He blamed the economic collapse on the jews since they were the bankers and shopkeepers. Nevermind the fact that the state of Germany was in disaster because they spent too much money in WW1 and couldn’t rebuild their infostructure. Ignorance got us the idiot we have now. Grow the fuck up and get a job. I am a single momma with 2 “Arian” children. That are really Irish German Norse and proudly Lakota…to be specific. From pine ridge even though my grandmamma refused to have her babies registered with a government she didn’t trust. I have no help from our “government” even though I pay into it. I work to feed my family. And oh yes I also own a pit and a motorcycle. And I have a degree… What do you do? Because that man was not noble…he was an infantry coward with the ability to speak well. He sent millions of good men to their deaths because their families were on camps like mine. So fuck you…my family name is Wessel…look that shit up…backwoods motherfucker. My Lakota name is two bears…and no life is more valuable than another unless you are personally defending it. We all have to account for what we take from this earth…
What about People killed by Taimur ,Mao,Changez ,British killed in India in jalinanwala baug,people killed by american army in Itak,Afghanistan , Syria,Jihad attacks?
Adolf Hitler was elected by German people and he was leader of Germany.He may have taken some wrong decisions but he was Hero of his country.
As No one is perfect in this world we can make out bad things of Hitler as well but this will be applicable for all Hero’s.
All The Books written except mein Kampf are projecting Hitler as negative character ? Why because he was right wing leader?
All the people you have named too are seen as worst killers and dictators in history. Yes, Hitler is seen as a negative character in history not only because he was a right-wing leader, but because he erased more than a million people from history.
I hope you eat a bullet.
What a shame we couldn’t find a really facts about Hitler!just because the winner always writes history!!! but I always believe Hitler was a follower of peace ,and the jewishs because of enemy with him tell the big lie in all around the history(Holocaust) I hope Truth will out about WWII ,and the jewishs can’t deceiving people!
comment: it would suck if he were to lie about suicide and killed people without the public even knowing so who thinks Hitler lied about his death reply:
Hitler was a horrible person, who just wanted power. All of the people supporting Hitler honestly I’m mad, REALLY mad. He killed millions of people just because of their race. You are not much better than him if you would follow him.
Every one eye to hitler