1Heart attack gun
CIA created a gun that could shoot darts that caused a heart attack. Upon penetration of the skin, the dart left just a tiny red dot. The poison itself worked rapidly and denatured quickly afterward. It was revealed in 1975 in a Congressional testimony.
2. A gun can fire in space because gunpowder contains its own oxidizer.
3. In 2014, a South Carolina high school student named Alex Stone was arrested and suspended and had his locker searched because of a creative writing assignment where he mentioned buying a gun to shoot his neighbor's pet dinosaur.
4. In athletics, if you move as the gun sounds, you have considered having false started as the human brain cannot hear and process the noise of the starting gun in under 0.10 seconds
5. Sean Connery was filming a love scene when his co-star's gangster boyfriend got jealous and pulled a gun on him. Connery grabbed the gun from his hand and twisted the guy's wrist until he ran off the set
Latest FactRepublic Video:
32 Incredible Easter Eggs You Missed in Harry Potter Movies
6Beretta gun company
Beretta is the oldest gun company in the world is established 1526 in Brescia, Italy.
7. The only real Space Gun; the TP-82, a Russian triple barreled, break action shotgun/rifle/machete combo for fighting and hunting wildlife after a Cosmonaut touches down in Siberia.
8. President Garfield's assassin (Charles J. Guiteau) chose an ivory-handled gun over a similar wooden-handled model because he knew it would look better in a museum exhibit.
9. George Reeves, the actor who played Superman in the 1950s was wary because some fans tried to test his "invulnerability." At one appearance a young fan pulled a pistol on him. Reeves convinced him to hand over the gun by telling him that a bystander could be hurt when the bullets bounced off
10. Mafia capo Gregory Scarpa was recruited by the FBI to help find the bodies of three civil rights workers. Scarpa got the locations of the bodies after he kidnapped a Klansman, pistol-whipped him and stuck a gun in his mouth
11Yogendra Singh Yadav
Yogendra Singh Yadav, a soldier of the Indian army, climbed up a vertical, snow-covered cliff face while under machine gun and rocket fire. Despite taking three bullets, he managed to finish the climb, grenade a bunker and then kill four enemy soldiers in hand to hand combat.
12. Hunter S Thompson refused to go on Conan O'Brien show until he finally agreed on one condition. Conan had to meet him on a remote farm to drink hard liquor and shoot guns.
13. The FBI has almost every gun ever manufactured to use as a reference to solve crimes.
14. The filmmakers of "Lord of War" used a real stockpile of over 3,000 AK-47s because it was cheaper than getting prop guns.
15. 3 men forced their way into a 67-year-old (Kenneth Byrd) man's home with the intention of raping his granddaughter and stealing the money in his safe. He agreed to open the safe and take out the cash, but instead of taking out the money, he took out a gun and shot all of them.
Eddie Vedder wrote 'Jeremy' after reading a brief newspaper article about a 15-year-old boy in Texas who brought a gun to class and shot himself, in front of his teacher and thirty students. Vedder wanted to show how even such a dramatic gesture would only get a few words in the daily news.
17. In 2013, a Chicago man named Marco Alvarado told police who pulled him over "I'm gonna be real with you, I have a gun in my a*s." The cops then found a gun in his a*s.
18. Jackie Chan used to carry multiple guns and even a grenade to protect himself and other artists from the triad in the 80s and 90s
19. US Marine John Kelly was the last person to be awarded 2 Medals of Honor. He ran 100 yards in advance of the front line and attacked an enemy machine-gun nest, killed the gunner with a grenade, shot another man with his pistol, and returned with 8 prisoners. He was 19.
20. More than 60 percent of people in the US who die from guns die by suicide
Hiram Maxim, the inventor of the fully automatic machine gun, once received the advice " If you want to make a pile of money, invent something that will enable these Europeans to cut each others` throats with greater facility."
22. Frank Zappa and his friends were confronted at home by a fan brandishing a gun. Frank took him to the pond outside and invented a ceremony where everyone had to throw something in it; the fan threw his gun
23. In 1992 dance/pop duo The KLF were invited to play at the BRIT awards. They unexpectedly performed with a grindcore metal band, fired machine gun blanks into the audience, announced they were leaving the music industry, dumped a dead sheep at the afterparty, and deleted their entire back catalog
24. In 1994, a disgruntled FedEx employee tried to hijack and crash a cargo flight, using hammers and a speargun. Despite serious injuries during the attack, the pilot and crew were able to land the plane. The pilot flew the DC-10 upside down at times in an attempt to stop the hijacker
25. On the first day if the assault on Iwo Jima, Stein cleared multiple enemy pillboxes using his custom M1919 machine gun named "Stinger." During the assault, he made a total of 8 trips back to the beach to reload on ammunition and carried a wounded soldier on his back each trip.