Picking your nose and eating it may be beneficial to your immune system.
27. An orgasm can clear up your sinuses. This is because your body gets a rush of adrenaline when you have an orgasm, which causes tissues in the nose to shrink, opening up passageways.
28. Your nose runs when it’s cold because the blood vessels get more blood to keep your nose warm. This causes the blood vessels to dilate and they produce more mucus.
29. Bloodhounds get 10 times more neuronal information from their nose than humans get from their eyes.
30. 20% of the genetic material in a typical human nasal swab is a biological dark matter that cannot be attributed to any of the existing categories of living organisms on Earth (bacteria, archaea, and eukaryotes).
Latest FactRepublic Video:
15 Most Controversial & Costly Blunders in History
31Federico da Montefeltro
Federico da Montefeltro, fifteenth-century duke of Urbino, after having lost one eye in a tournament had his surgeons successfully amputate the bridge of his nose to widen his field of view.
32. If you pluck a nose hair, only the eye on the same side will tear up.
33. Blowing your nose when you have a cold reduces your chances of getting infected with a cough.
34. Humans are the sweatiest primates alive. We have up to five million sweat glands producing a maximum of three gallons of sweat per day. The production of sweat glands is inversely related to the production of hair, and the evolutionary loss of our hair is connected to our success as a species.
35. Like fingerprints, ears are considered to be very unique and can be used to identify people.