King Alexander of Yugoslavia refused to do public events on Tuesdays because 3 members of his family had died on Tuesdays. When he finally did begin a state visit on a Tuesday, he was assassinated.
77. King Zog of Albania was the only national leader in modern times to return fire during an assassination attempt.
78. A Siamese King once fought his brother on the back of elephants in a duel to the death proclaiming "Let us fight the elephant battle for our own honors. No future kings will do what we are going to do."
79. In 2010, King Henry IV of France's head was found preserved in the attic of a retired tax collector.
80. During his Indian campaign, Alexander the great encountered a tribe that hadn't discovered fire yet.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
32 Incredible Easter Eggs You Missed in Harry Potter Movies
After defeating the Persians, Alexander The Great started dressing like them and took two Persian wives.
82. The last Roman ruler of Britain, Magnus Maximus, married the daughter of a Welsh leader, thereby becoming the ancestor of several Welsh dynasties and kings up to 500 years later.
83. There is a 9th century Germanic 'Bible' which presents Jesus as a warrior-king.
84. In 1938, the Muslim King Zog of Albania opened Albania's borders to Jews fleeing Nazi persecution. He also reportedly survived 55 assassination attempts.
85. Lucifer, as referred to in the book of Isaiah, was actually a Babylonian king.
French was the mother tongue of every English king until Henry IV (15 April 1367 – 20 March 1413 ).