5169 jersey number in NBA
No NBA player has ever worn #69 while playing professionally.
52. In the 1977 NBA Draft, the New Orleans Jazz selected Lusia Harris, but she was pregnant at the time & declined to attend training camp. She remains the only woman ever officially drafted into the NBA.
53. There are two statues in Beijing, China in the image of former NBA pro-Stephon Marbury. There's also a Stephon Marbury museum, a Chinese musical about his life, and a Chinese movie soon to be released.
54. There is data that suggests that the more 3 Pointers an NBA player takes, the more likely he is to go broke.
55. Former NBA star Dennis Rodman claims he is the oldest of ~46 children. His father says it's "only" ~29.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
15 Most Controversial & Costly Blunders in History
Pat Riley, former NBA player and now NBA executive with the Miami Heat, trademarked the word "Three-Peat" in 1988. When the Chicago Bulls won three straight championships in the 1990s, he was paid $300,000 dollars in royalties.
57. There is not one openly gay athlete in the NFL, NBA, MLB, or NHL. The only openly gay professional athlete plays Rugby
58. Magic Johnson was so good at every position that he won an NBA title playing at polar opposite positions a center in his rookie year and then as a point guard later in his career.
59. After Magic Johnson was diagnosed with HIV, many NBA players claimed he shouldn't play because there could be a risk of contamination if he had an open wound
60. Spectators in Sacramento's new solar powered NBA stadium can use an app to adjust the temperature at their own seat.
An NBA player had to retire because he fell asleep with a pack of ice on his knee
62. The largest confirmed moose was 7'6" (2.33 m) tall at the shoulder, the same height as NBA star Yao Ming.
63. During this time in the NBA, Sudanese-born American Basketballer Manute Bol was responsible for popularizing the expression "my bad" when he made a bad pass to teammates at his tenure with Golden State due to his dialect
64. Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant are tied for second with 5 games scoring 60 points or more in an NBA game. Wilt Chamberlain is first having done it 32 times.
65. When the 7'7 Manute Bol was drafted into the NBA he could only bench 45 pounds, squat 55 pounds, and sported a 31" waist.
Former NBA Player Junior Bridgeman is now worth nearly $400 Million despite being a bench player his entire career
67. Seattle is home to the only NBA game to have been forfeited on account of rain.
68. When Michael Jordan returned to the NBA in 2001, he donated his salary as a player to a relief effort for 9/11 victims
69. Wilt Chamberlain, the former NBA superstar, went 14 seasons without ever fouling out of a game
70. NBA ref Dick Bavetta has not missed an assigned game since 1975. 2600+ consecutive games worked.
Baseball hall-of-Famer Dave Winfield is the only person to be drafted by four leagues for three different sports. He was drafted by MLB, the NFL, the ABA, and the NBA
72. Tim Duncan loves Dungeons and Dragons so much that he wanted to be called Merlin when he joined the NBA.
73. Only 8 teams have won the NBA championship in the last 30 years
74. In 2014, more people watched the League of Legends Championship than the World Series, NBA Finals, BCS Championship, or the Final Four
75. The 2000 NBA draft, considered to be one of the worst in history, was the only draft that produced an average number of wins below replacement level. In other words, the 2000 draft actually made the NBA less talented.