In the early 1900s, French gangsters used a weapon called an Apache Revolver that functioned as a revolver, a knife, and brass knuckles
52. During a delay in filming, Jon-Erik Hexum from 80's show "Voyagers!" was playing with a gun used for an upcoming scene. While passing the time he shot a blank into his temple and the blunt force from point blank range propelled pieces of his skull into his brain. He died 6 days later.
53. Audie Murphy, when asked after the war why he had seized the machine gun of a burning M10 tank destroyer and taken on an entire company of German infantry, he replied simply, "They were killing my friends."
54. The scarecrow in The Wizard of Oz had a gun throughout the movie, and he even pulled it out on the lion.
55. Guns are found in carry-ons at US airports five times a day.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
15 Most Controversial & Costly Blunders in History
56Crown Prince Dipendra
In 2001, the heir (Crown Prince Dipendra) to the Nepalese throne killed the entire royal family before turning the gun on himself.
57. Axl Rose brutally beat and hospitalized his girlfriend, Erin Everly, on numerous occasions. He also, brought a gun when asking her to marriage threatening to kill himself had she declined.
58. A fur trapper named Ben Cochrum was attacked by wolves in 1922. After shooting seven wolves and beating four to death with his gun, the stock broke and he succumbed to being "torn to shreds". His body was found surrounded by the remains of the 11 wolves he had killed fighting for his life.
59. Louis Armstrong was 1 of the few people who could move between East and West Berlin without papers. "The East Germans had their guns out, looked at us and said 'Louis Armstrong.' They got his autograph and waved us on. On the US side; 'This is Satchmo!' Every night we went back and forth."
60. In 1984, in response to protests outside the Libyan embassy in London, machine gunfire was turned on protesters on the street from inside the embassy, hitting 11 people and killing a police officer (Yvonne Fletcher). This lead to an armed siege of the embassy by police and breaking off diplomatic relations.
In 1943, three Belgian men (Robert Maistriau, Youra Livchitz and Jean Franklemon) held up a train and liberated 200 Jews using only one gun and some wire cutters.
62. Over the past 50 years, gun owners are responsible for over $2 billion in wildlife conservation in the United States by means of a 10% tax on guns and ammo.
63. In 2008, a New Mexico man named Thomas Hickman tried to stage his suicide to look like a murder by tying the gun to helium-filled balloons. The lead agent solved the "murder" when others pointed out the same thing happened in an episode of CSI.
64. Having a swimming pool at home is 100 times more likely to lead to an accidental child death than having a gun at home
65. The final words of Terry Kath (from the band Chicago) were "Don't worry, it's not loaded" whilst playing with guns
66Battle of Tondibi
The Songhai Empire collapsed following a battle when their army released 1000 cattle to charge the invading Moroccans but the cattle turned around and stampeded the Songhai because the Moroccans fired their guns and cannons.
67. In 2008, a man named Bruce Jeffrey Pardo dressed up as Santa and used a homemade flamethrower and several guns to terrorize his ex-wife's family as revenge for their divorce
68. An American WWII fighter pilot named Robert "Bob" Klingman tried to open fire on a Japanese spy plane only to find his guns were jammed. So he used his propeller as a giant buzzsaw and chopped the tail off the enemy plane.
69. After Jesse James' death in 1882, his mother bought many second-hand guns and would sell them claiming them to have belonged to Jesse, leading many people to believe they owned a gun that had belonged to the infamous outlaw
70. In Arizona, it is legal for any citizen to carry a gun, but it is illegal to carry nunchucks.
71Kennesaw city's law
The city of Kennesaw, Georgia has a law that all families must own a gun.
72. Bhanbhagta Gurung saved his pinned unit from a sniper with his rifle. Gurung didn't wait for orders and rushed to the nearest foxhole taking out the enemies with grenades, his bayonet, and Kukri; Taking 5 enemy positions single-handed, against light machine guns.
73. Men in India receive a free gun license if they get a vasectomy
74. At the start of WWI, Italy developed the Villar Perosa Double Machine Gun that could fire 1200-1500 rounds per minute, but they were unable to figure out a practical use for it until the end of the war.
75. Genghis Khan's may have killed as many people with swords and arrows as WWII did with tanks, guns, and the nuclear bomb