26Batman early years
In Batman's early comics, he used guns and killed criminals
27. In 2009 Kashmir, when 18-year old Rukhsana Kauser saw her parents being beaten as part of a forced marriage proposal by a militia commander, she killed one militant with an ax, gunned the commander down, then started a 4-hour gun battle with the militia.
28. In 2004, a DEA agent named Lee Paige accidentally shot himself in the leg while giving a lecture on gun safety and claiming that "I'm the only one in this room professional enough to handle this Glock 40"
29. To demonstrate the m1917, John Browning fired the machine gun for 48 minutes straight (~21000 rounds). The US army shortly after adopted it as its standard machine gun.
30. In 1990, Dr. Dre beat the crap out of a woman over an interview with Ice Cube. He picked her up by her hair, slammed her head repeatedly against a brick wall, all while his bodyguard held off the crowd with a gun. After trying to throw her down the stairs, he punched her in the back of the head.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
15 Most Controversial & Costly Blunders in History
In 2006, a teacher (Jencie Fagan) stopped a school shooter by hugging the shooter. The shooter dropped the gun, and the teacher held him firmly against her until other teachers arrived to help.
32. In 1963, four Princeton students forced a local train to stop by parking a car on the tracks. With a gun loaded with blanks, they got on the train, picked four girls as their dates, and rode away with them on horseback.
33. The man third in succession for the Presidency of the United States once pried a live grenade from his arm after it had been blown off and then continued to use his machine gun with his one good arm.
34. Mass-murderer Martin Bryant pointed a gun at a man but didn't shoot, because the same man had rescued him from a car crash 3 years before.
35. In 2009, a man named Tracy Ingle was sentenced to 18 years in prison for felony assault after pointing his gun at officers raiding his home in a no-knock raid. He was shot five times and police didn't find the drugs they were looking for.
36Daisy Outdoor Products
The company Daisy Outdoor Products sold windmills and gave a complimentary BB guns with every purchase. The BB guns became so popular that they stopped selling windmills and started selling BB guns.
37. Big Bertha, a gun used during WW1, was so powerful that troops had to move 300 yards away and put cotton wads in their ears, eyes, and nose, as well as open their mouths so that their eardrums weren't burst by the blast pressure
38. One of the weapons America would have used in the planned invasion of Japan was Little David, a 36" (914mm) mortar used to test aerial bombs. Converted into a mobile siege gun, it fired 3650 lb (1.6k kg) shells at a range of 6 miles and would have been the largest caliber gun ever fielded.
39. A man from Texas died after attempting to play Russian roulette with a semi-automatic pistol. He was apparently unaware that semi-automatic pistols automatically insert a cartridge into the firing chamber when the gun is cocked. He was posthumously awarded a Darwin Award.
40. Vermont (42% gun ownership rate) had the lowest rate of gun murders in 2010: only 2
In 2003, a man (Rogelio Andaverde) in Texas was abducted from his home right in front of his wife by two masked men with guns. He returned two days later unharmed. Turns out he staged his own kidnapping so he could to go out and party with friends.
42. Real guns are allowed at both the Democratic and Republican National Conventions, but water guns are banned.
43. Harriet Tubman carried a gun with her on the Underground Railroad. If a runaway slave threatened to give up and go back to the plantation, she would point the gun at him and threaten to shoot him dead.
44. Tupac Shakur shot two off-duty police officers who were assaulting a young man. Charges against Shakur were dropped because the officers were intoxicated and in possession of stolen guns
45. When Manfred von Richtofen (the Red Baron) was shot down and killed in 1918, the British Army gave him a full military funeral, complete with clergy, a gun salute and a wreath inscribed with, "To Our Gallant and Worthy Foe."
A loyal dog once stopped his owner from committing suicide by knocking the gun out of the owner's hand.
47. In 1835, a house painter (Richard Lawrence) who believed he was the King of England tried twice to assassinate U.S. President Andrew Jackson at a funeral. Both guns misfired and Jackson, 67, beat the man with his cane. One of the people who restrained the would be assassin was Davy Crockett.
48. Ernest Hemingway used to hunt U-Boats in his fishing boat with direction-finding equipment, a machine gun, and hand grenades.
49. During WWII, when Sergeant Leonard A. Funk was confronted by 90 German soldiers that had captured his squad, he began to laugh hysterically at the situation. Many of the enemy soldiers began to laugh along with him, until Funk wiped out his machine gun, gunning down 21 and capturing the rest.
50. Daniel "Chappie" James Jr., the first African American to reach the rank of four-star general, had an Old West style standoff with Colonel Muammar Gaddafi, who complied and pulled back after James demanded him to move his hand away from his gun.