George Lucas gave Mel Brooks his blessing to make Spaceballs on the condition that no action figures be made, as they could be confused with actual Star Wars toys.
77. Mark Hamill has responded a few times to questions about Luke's sexuality in Star Wars saying “If you think Luke is gay, of course, he is. You should not be ashamed of it. Judge Luke by his character, not by who he loves.”
78. Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith has the most visual effects for any film, ever
79. In Star Wars: Episode III, Ewan McGregorand Hayden Christensen (Obi-Wan & Anakin) practiced their duel so much and so long that as a result, the speed that Obi-Wan & Anakin duel (in the completed film) is at the actual speed it was filmed. The scene is better known as "The Duel on Mustafar"
80. Topher Grace edited together the Star Wars prequels into an 85-minute film that was described by Peter Sciretta of Slashfilms as "probably the best possible edit of the Star Wars prequels given the footage released and available."
Latest FactRepublic Video:
32 Incredible Easter Eggs You Missed in Harry Potter Movies
Traditional firearms exist in the Star Wars universe. They are called "slugthrowers" and are preferred weapons of bounty hunters for their unique advantages over blasters
82. Carrie Fisher was a script doctor (uncredited writer brought in to fix a movie) on Hook, Sister Act, Lethal Weapon 3, The Wedding Singer, and all 3 of the Star Wars prequels
83. George Lucas refused to send an original print of Star Wars for preservation at the National Film Registry