Most elephants weigh less than a blue whale’s tongue.
2. Pineapples in the 1700s used to be so expensive that people would rent them as a centerpiece for their parties.
3. Scotland’s national animal is a unicorn.
4. A single strand of spaghetti is called a spaghetto.
5. It snows metal on planet Venus.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
20 Scary Mental & Psychological Illnesses - Part 1
Bees tell their friends about good nearby flowers by dancing.
7. In Switzerland, it’s illegal to own just one guinea pig. If you have any, you have to have at least two because they get lonely.
8. Otters have skin pockets for their favorite rocks.
9. There’s an island in Japan that is populated only by fluffy bunnies.
10. A polar bear’s skin is black and their hair isn’t white but transparent and hollow.
Butterflies taste with their feet.
12. Chocolate was once used as currency by the Aztecs (more accurately, cacao beans were used).
13. Cows have “best friends” and get stressed when separated.
14. Herring fish communicate with each other with farts.
15. Wombats have cubed shape poop. Every evening, a wombat deposits 80 to 100 dry, cube-like droppings around its territory.
Eating too many carrots can turn the color of your skin orange. Eating three large carrots or more a day, over time can cause this condition.
17. Before 1913 parents could mail their kids to their grandparents through the postal service.
18. A group of elephants is a parade, a group of owls is a parliament and a group of wild cats is called a destruction.
19. The filling in a Kit Kat is broken up Kit Kat's.
20. If you heat up a magnet, it loses its magnetism.
A guy named Michel Lotito ate an entire airplane. It took him several years but he did it.
22. The little jump guinea pigs do when they're happy is called popcorning.
23. The color red doesn’t make bulls angry. Bulls are colorblind.
24. Kangaroos can’t walk backward.
25. Humans are bioluminescent and glow in the dark, but the light is very weak and our eyes are even weaker to pick it up.