1Send Me to Heaven
The mobile game "Send Me to Heaven" involves throwing your phone as high in the air as you can. The creator said he made it with the hope of destroying as many iPhones as possible, but Apple banned it from the App Store.
2. The author of the science fiction novel "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?", published in 1968, said “There will come a time when it isn't 'They're spying on me through my phone' anymore. Eventually, it will be 'My phone is spying on me'.”
3. When Android was unveiled in 2007, Nokia was quoted as saying "we don't see this as a threat," and a member of Microsoft's Windows Mobile team stated "I don't understand the impact that they are going to have."
4. George Hotz, then 17 years old, was the first to unlock a first generation iPhone and sold the iPhone for a Nissan 350z and 3 locked iPhones.
5. In late 2004, Samsung had the opportunity to buy Android, but passed on the investment because they did not see any potential. Google acquired it two weeks later.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
15 Most Controversial & Costly Blunders in History
If your phone's GPS tracks going over 1,000MPH, it legally is required to deactivate as it probably means it's being used to guide a missile.
7. 8 of the 10 most sold mobile phones ever are from Nokia.
8. There's more gold in a ton of mobile phones than a ton of gold ore. It takes a ton of ore to get 1g of gold, but you can get the same amount from recycling 41 mobile phones.
9. As Apple is granted "Slide-to-Unlock" patent, they in a case against Motorola also argued “a tap is a zero-length swipe.”
10. Angry Birds and Clash of Clans have helped rejuvenate Finland's economy after Nokia's downfall.
James Cameron would use a nail gun to nail the film crew's cell phones to a wall in retaliation for unwanted ringing during the production of Avatar.
12. A Florida man named Steve Moon was stranded on a sandbar with sharks circling around him. He kept them at bay with a fishing pole for an hour and a half, after which he remembered he had a cell phone and called for help.
13. In mobile games, 60% of revenues come from 0.23% of players.
14. Foxconn, the iPhone manufacturer, has reduced its employees from 110,000 to 50,000, thanks to the introduction of robots.
15. The first call ever made on a cell phone was from an engineer named Martin Cooper calling a rival engineer to brag about his accomplishment.
TV show Scrubs used a real phone number on an episode, that went to a prepaid cell phone the cast would hand around to each other and would answer.
17. Nokia has made a concept phone that charges using body heat.
18. A bar owner in the UK once built a Faraday cage around his bar to prevent patrons from using their cell phones.
19. The first streaming music service started in 1897. Users in New York could pick up their phones & connect to the Telharmonium, a central hub that would pipe music being played live by two musicians playing 24 hours a day.
20. Facebook turned down whatsApp founder Brian Acton for a job before they bought his app for $19 Billion.
Steve Wozniak is a collector of phone numbers. After acquiring the number 888-8888 for his cell phone, it proved to be unusable because babies playing with phones kept on calling it.
22. Snapchat founder Evan Spiegel's networth is $1.5 billion at the age of 24, making him the world's youngest billionaire
23. Apple spends $236 to make each iPhone 6s Plus device, which it sells for over three times that value at $749. Also, a 64GB iPhone costs Apple about $17 more to make than a 16 GB iPhone, but Apple charges iPhone buyers $100 more for the increased memory.
24. The voice of male UK Siri, Jon Briggs, did not know he was the voice of Siri until he recognized his own voice on an iPhone 4s commercial.
25. In 2011, a Norwegian boy named Walter Acre escaped from wolves by playing a heavy metal song by Megadeth on his cell phone.
You are no help for my research i asked for 50 facts for phones BUT YOU GUYS GAVE ME RANDOM FACTS YOU ARE NO HELP AT ALL I HATE YOU AND THIS WEBSITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my phone was nailed gun to the wall
Bob, you are an Idiot