Jews are often associated as scheming merchants who love money because in the Middle Ages Christians were forbidden to lend out money with interest, and Jews were not.
2. In 1254 Möngke Khan, grandson of Genghis Khan hosted a religious debate between Christian, Muslim and Buddhist theologians. The debate ended with the Buddhists sitting silently as the Christian and Muslim debaters sang loudly at each other. Then they all got drunk.
3. Redbad was the last pagan King of Frisia (northern Netherlands), refused to convert to Christianity because he "preferred spending eternity in Hell with his pagan ancestors than in Heaven with his enemies."
4. Christian Atheism is a thing which believes in the teachings of Christ but not that they were divinely inspired. They see Jesus as a humanitarian and philosopher rather than the son of God
5. Mohammed wrote an open letter to Christians that declared their right to self-governance, protection for churches and monasteries, and freedom to practice their religion openly in Muslim controlled areas. Muslims are commanded to follow this until the end of time.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
15 Most Controversial & Costly Blunders in History
6Battle of Tours
Historians believe the fate of Christianity hinged on the Battle of Tours (732 A.D.) where an Arab invasion force was defeated by a Frankish force in present-day France, preventing the spread of Islam to all of Western Europe and preserving, Christianity as the religion of Europe.
7. Romans used to call Christians atheists because they didn't pay tribute to their gods.
8. The US founding fathers formally said,"the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion" in the Treaty of Tripoli.
9. There was more time between the start and finish of the Great Wall of China than between the start of Christianity and present day.
10. St. Augustine, in the 4th century, wrote that Christians should not interpret Genesis literally because if science proved it otherwise, Christian witness would be gone.
11Vladimir the Great
Vladimir the Great of Russia was confronted with the choice of converting Russia to Christianity or to Islam. He eventually chose Christianity, because of Islamic teaching on alcohol, saying, "Drinking is the joy of all Rus'. We cannot exist without that pleasure."
12. In the second Matrix movie, Agent Smith's license plate is "IS 5416", which refers to Isaiah 54:16 from the Bible: "Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy."
13. There was a religion in medieval Europe called Cathar. It was a splinter of Christianity, and they held beliefs such as women and men being equal and homosexuality being tolerated.
14. A man named Clyde Lott in Nebraska is breeding red cows and sending them to Israel in hopes of a pure red heifer being born there. Such an event will allegedly prompt Jews to build a Third Temple, which fundamentalist Christians believe will usher in Jesus' Second Coming.
15. Laws mentioned in the bible required farmers to leave parts of their fields unharvested for strangers, a practice that still exists in parts of the world.
David Barrett is an aeronautics engineer who resigned abruptly after seeing a vision of Jesus. He then spent 40 years single-handedly compiling the first and only complete list of Earth’s 10,000 existing religions and 33,830 denominations of Christianity. This led him to all 238 countries on Earth.
17. There is a version of the Bible translated into Hawaiian Pidgin called 'Da Jesus Book'.
18. Jehovah's Witnesses don't celebrate birthdays because the only two accounts of birthday parties in the Bible resulted in murder.
19. The keys to the holiest site in Christianity (Church of the holy Sepulchre) are held by a Muslim family that opens the church every morning. Meant to keep the peace between the denominations, this arrangement has been in place since 1187 A.D.
20. In 1974, fundamentalist Christians in Kanawha County were so upset over "immoral" books like "Autobiography of Malcolm X" being introduced to local schools they dynamited a school, attacked school buses with shotguns, and planted a bomb at a school board member's home.
The Buddha's story appears in Christianity as the legend of St. Josaphat and in Islam as the legend of Budasaf.
22. Christianity, Islam, and Judaism all worship the same Abrahamic god. Their religious texts also feature many of the same figures, histories, and places. Jesus is also a Muslim prophet.
23. Unlike most bronze sculptures of Roman emperors, the equestrian statue of Marcus Aurelius was not melted down during the Middle Ages because Europeans of that time thought it was a statue of Constantine, the first Christian emperor of Rome.
24. In 1950, Pope Pius XII confirmed there was no conflict between Christianity and the theory of evolution, and the Church supports the idea of theistic evolution.
25. One of the scholars (John M. Allegro) who translated the Dead Sea Scrolls was convinced that Christianity was based on an ancient psychedelic mushroom and fertility cult.
That Eastern Lightning outfit straight up murdered a woman at a McDonald’s because she refused to give them her cellphone number so they could contact her. See the Wikipedia article about the Zhuayuan McDonald’s Cult Murder.
The def of Christianity is the religion based on the person and teachings of Jesus of Nazareth, or its beliefs and practices. Therefore all facts about Christianity would come from the Bible which is the absolute foundation of Christianity and the actual word of God, Jesus’ Father.
The anti Christian bias and motive of this article are readily apparent. The Bible is rarely mentioned and most “facts” obtained from secure sources. No description of Jesus? How about Isa 53…
“He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to Him, nothing in His appearance that we should desire Him”. Along with the knowledge that He was a Jew, we have a pretty good idea of His appearance.
Readers of this article…if you want facts about Christianity, read the Bible, NOT this article.
How is saying he’s not desirable looking (aka not ‘hot’), a description? That’s merely an opinion, which may not be shared by everyone.. It gives absolutely no description of his appearance, whatsoever. It’s as vague as me saying I met a guy who was very handsome or very ugly. It means absolutely nothing, beauty is in the eye of the beholder..
Sorry but this is a pretty dumb take. Saying someone does not look like something is not a description of how they look. That’s like me saying that I can describe how you look by saying you are not a handsome man. Or, you are not a well groomed dog. How does that describe your appearance? Not to mention there is not one single standard Bible in Christianity, but dozens of interpretations
Jesus was not Christian
Idiots. As said before, just read the Bible. It makes life so much easier
Just be a mindless follower so you don’t ever have to think. It makes life easier so you can coast through it without doing anything worth living for.
Meaning that there wasn’t anything desirable merely implies there wasn’t anything special, that he was as common in appearance as every other Jewish citizen
Number fifty is particularly stupid because the Bible wasn’t originally written in English the name in Hebrew or Aramaic starts with a yud (י) and is still written that way never changed.
#32: Saladin also forced the Christians that stayed to pay a religion tax, they were forbid from doing business with Muslims or Jews and outside of their designated living district all Christians has to go barefoot and could not ride horses or donkeys they had to walk everywhere. But hey! If they converted to Islam it all went away.
That wasn’t unique to Saladin. It is a law in the Koran. Christians and Jews were permitted to live in what was a multi-cultural and multi-religious country – a novel arrangement at the time. Moslems had to pay various things such as money for the poor and so on, but the non-Moslems did not. Instead they paid a fixed tax for being a citizen but not a Moslem.
If they converted to Islam, they had to start paying the Moslem taxes and give to charity on Friday (etc).
The reason for Saladin’s tolerance (which did not exist in the Christian kingdoms) was because Moslems accept Abraham, Moses and Jesus as legitimate religious Figures. There are many references to Islam in the latter part of the Bible. The number 1260, for example, which appears many times, refers to a particular year on the Lunar calendar. There is a teaching that 1000 years after the disappearance of the 12th Imam in their year 260 AH, he would reappear to make a great announcement. The year 1260 AH is the same as the year 1844 AD, a year foretold by Daniel, the same Daniel referred to by Jesus when asked when He would return in the Glory of the Father. Jesus said, “Refer to Daniel the prophet.”
It is all very interesting. As he says above, “Read the Bible.” It is a Book best read without prejudice in mind.
Well ignorance is bliss!
I keep a copy of the Bible on my night stand and read it for laughs before I sleep. It’s so unreal that it’s good for laughs.
Thats rude and i cant beleive you said that.
Some of these are just over stupid like #50 “Jesus couldn’t have been named Jesus bc the letter J wasn’t out yet” So what does common sense tell you ? It wasn’t originally written in English. It was mainly Hebrew and Greek, and later translated into Other languages like English. Which changes more than Hebrew or Greek. Here’s an example look up the word gay 100 years ago and it meant happy, but now a person that’s “gay” leads stats in suicide a lot of years. So not really happy but sad
But the fact still stands that his name wasn’t Jesus, you moron, the sound of a letter wasn’t used back then therefore his name wasn’t Jesus. Would you be happy with people calling you the wrong name because “it’s translated”??
but god said he created is perfect until the Theory of Evolution and now they are like whoops the Bibles wrong but we are still correct
Gphopper, if you read the Bible you’d know you are not to call anyone an Idiot. Matthew 5:22
Are we then allowed to call some one like that an imbecile ??? or at least a twit or a dork ??? a foolhead or daff ?? or a buddhu (my fav ) or a knobhead or maybe a plonker ??? so what does Mathew say about those then ???
I am an Atheist and deny the existence of a God or supreme being, however I believe the Ten Commandments a good set of rules to live your life by
John where do you think they came from (the 10 Commandments)? A good study of history will demonstrate that mankind is in need of a Divine Educator. Revelation precedes development.
The materialist philosophers have it that we advance first, then “invent better rules”. The opposite is true so they never provide “proof”. The problem for the materialists is they want everything to be because of “human invention”. We love our arrogance.
Being a theist does not mean submitting to some ancient code. Look for the new one. God never leaves humanity alone. Revelation supports an ever-advancing civilization, not an encrusted set of dogmas. We do not go to school to get stuck in Grade 3, ignoring the presence of Grade 4’s Teacher and classes.
Where do the 10 commandments come from? Some dude wrote them in a book and said it was God’s idea, because he knew the people out there like you would only believe that our moral guidance comes from something divine
@John Cochrane….. You’re going to burn in hell along with every other LGBTQ2+ bastard out their and don’t even get we started on the other mongrels that don’t even know their own goddamn gender
So tough he can’t even post his name.
Actually the Bible does in fact give a physical description of Jesus.
Show your work or stfu
When you sit at God’s table you ask for what you want, like Him, and it is made.
The Dalai Lama has very happy non violent beliefs. Tibetan Monk.
You people saying that people will “burn in hell” are obviously not Christians. Christians are supposed to show God’s love to everyone. That person made themselves vulnerable and said they were an atheist and this is how you respond?! God just gave you an opportunity to witness and you probably turned them off from Christianity forever. For any atheists seeing this who have had Christians treat you like dirt, i am so sorry! If anyone has any questions about Christianity, feel free to email me.
You should answer the door when Jesus knocks.
Why????? Because of what he’s going to do to you if you don’t. Does that sound like unconditional love? Just a thought and question.
We do not know how much of the Bible has been changed during the many translations it has endured . But there’s one constant through it all………God was, God is , and God will always be. There’s no denomination or bible translation that will ever change that……..
I would be terrified to speak such evil about God the Father and Jesus, He holds your every breath and can take you out of here at any second. I pray that some of you who have spoken such things will find him so that you do not burn for an eternity in Hell. The only book that has stood the test of time throughout the ages, is the Holy Bible. Oh that’s right, you don’t believe-
Fuck that god, his slave religion, and his book of oppression