There is a conspiracy theory about the children's cartoon "Rugrats" theorizing that the babies were figments of Angelica's schizophrenia, and not real at all.
2. There is a ''Lost Cosmonauts'' conspiracy theory alleging that there are cosmonauts who actually entered space before Yuri Gagarin, but their stories were covered up by the USSR.
3. The October Surprise Conspiracy Theory alleges a plot to influence the outcome of the 1980 presidential election in favor of Ronald Reagan.
4. There is a conspiracy theory calcimining that CIA blew up an island in the Gulf of Mexico, in order to shift the boundaries for who-owns-what-oil-fields.
5. There are a number of conspiracy theories surrounding Hurricane Katrina. One crazy theory is that the entire thing was caused by Russian mobsters
A number of "bible conspiracy theories" exist, mostly around the idea that Christianity is a propaganda tool created to unify the roman empire.
7. Pope Benedict XVI was accused of conspiracy to cover up sexual abuse in the United States, but at the Vatican’s request, president George W. Bush Granted him immunity from prosecution
8. Black Knight satellite conspiracy theory claims that there is a spacecraft in near-polar orbit of the Earth that is of extraterrestrial origin, and that NASA is engaged in a cover-up regarding its existence and origin.
9. The abandonment of city streetcar systems in the mid-twentieth century led to accusations of conspiracy which held that a union of the automobile, oil, and tire manufacturers shut down the streetcar systems in order to further the use of buses and automobiles.
10. While New Coke was a bomb, the return of the original formula as Coca-Cola Classic was very successful. When asked if New Coke was a conspiracy to promote the soda, an executive replied: “We're not that dumb, and we're not that smart.”
The United States Select House Committee on Assassinations’ last report concluded that JFK’s assassination was the result of a conspiracy.
12. There's a conspiracy theory that historians manufactured 300 years of history that never happened, including Charlemagne's entire life.
13. In 1992 rapper Mac Dre was charged with conspiracy to commit robbery and sentenced to 5 years in prison after he refused a police deal, which was informing law enforcement about his partners. While awaiting trial Mac Dre recorded a full album over the phone, taunting law enforcement officials.
14. As a result of a 20-year-old online joke that the German city of Bielefield doesn't actually exist, the city released a press statement titled ‘There Really is a Bielefeld!’ However as it was released on April 1st, this humorously only added to the conspiracy.
15. When NASA landed on the moon, they placed reflectors that can reflect any laser pointed at it back to the earth, which smashes the conspiracy that humans never went to the moon.
16Archives of Terror
In 1992, a lawyer and a judge were looking for files on a former prisoner in a police station near Paraguay. Instead, they stumbled upon archives documenting an international conspiracy involving the torture, murder, and imprisonment of 480,000 people. It is now known as the Archives of Terror.
17. A conspiracy theory prompted Lee Harvey Oswald's body to be exhumed on October 4th, 1981, to ensure the body wasn't that of a look-alike Russian agent. Dental records confirmed the body was Oswald's.
18. Caesar and Cato fiercely debated in the Roman Senate over a conspiracy to seize power, when a note was delivered to Caesar. Cato alleged this could implicate his involvement, imploring him to read it. He handed it to Cato who read it out loud. It was a lustful love letter from Cato's sister.
19. In 2005, in Northern Nigeria a group of Muslim leaders declared the polio vaccine to be a conspiracy to sterilize the true believers. Subsequently, the disease began to spread again
20. A conspiracy theory in which Stephen Hawking died in the 80's and was replaced by a body-double.
There is a conspiracy theory that Stevie Wonder isn't actually blind.
22. There is a seriously held conspiracy theory that the comedian Bill Hicks is not dead; he is actively performing as Alex Jones.
23. A conspiracy theory which alleges that Nintendo's President Gunpei Yokoi hired the Yakuza to murder Gunpei Yokoi, creator of the Game Boy
24. A civil jury found that Martin Luther King, Jr. had been the victim of assassination by a conspiracy involving the Memphis police as well as federal agencies. The King family sought a mere $100 in restitution to show that they were not pursuing the case for financial gain.
25. There is a growing conspiracy theory that the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting never happened. As a result, many of the victim's families are being harassed.