Garth Brooks is one of the last holds out big-name musicians refusing to put his music on iTunes because he disagrees with Apple's approach to selling music. He will only make his back catalog of hits and his new music available for download on his own website.
2. The only time Elvis Presley and The Beatles met, they were so starstruck that Elvis threatened to go to bed unless one of the band members spoke to him.
3. In 1957, Elvis Presley asked his audience at a Seattle concert to please rise for the national anthem. He picked up his guitar, leaned in, shook his hips and began his biggest hit "You ain't nothin' but a hound dog." The crowd went wild. A 15-year-old Jimmy Hendrix was there.
4. The second floor of Elvis' Graceland is forbidden and the only non-family member to see it was American actor Nicholas Cage, who married Lisa Marie Presley.
5. Weird Al Yankovic has never accepted any outside ideas or titles for a song, with one exception, when Madonna herself asked when he was going to turn "Like a Virgin" into "Like a Surgeon".
Latest FactRepublic Video:
15 Most Controversial & Costly Blunders in History
"Bennie And The Jets" by Elton John isn't a live recording but because producer Gus Dudgeon wanted a live feel on the recording, he mixed in crowd noise and whistles into the song.
7. Elvis Presley was 24 years old when he started seeing 14-year-old Priscilla.
8. Elvis Presley wore a cross, a star of David and the Hebrew letter chai. He said: "I don't want to miss out on heaven due to a technicality."
9. Elvis Presley was known for being so generous that he had problems not buying strangers and friends expensive gifts. Elvis's maid and cook Mary Jenkins was gifted six cars including three Cadillacs from him before his death. Elvis also gave his dentist and jeweler cars.
10. Elvis Presley only ever failed in one class and it was music.
11Elvis Presley's remains
In 1977, three men were arrested for attempting to steal Elvis Presley's remains for ransom. This is why his body along with his mother's, was moved to Graceland where they are monitored by security.
12. While Eminem was in rehab, Elton John would call him weekly to check on him.
13. Garth Brooks's 1993 song “We Shall Be Free” was boycotted by some country radio stations because it included the line “When we’re free to love anyone we choose.”
14. In 2016, Celine Dion stood near the open casket of her deceased husband for 7 hours to greet and comfort complete strangers who had arrived to pay their respects at the public visitation held on the eve of his funeral. She was only expected to stay for 30 minutes.
15. Singer Chris Brown appeared in court in 2012 with his lawyer regarding his probation after assaulting Rihanna. Brown attempted to address the court but was interrupted by his lawyer, who said: "I don't dance; you don't talk."
16Kurt Russell and Elvis Presley
In 1963 at the age of 11, Kurt Russell starred in a movie with Elvis Presley. 16 years later, a 27-year-old Russell played Elvis in a TV movie, and 15 years after that, voiced Elvis in Forrest Gump.
17. Elvis Presley's favorite movie was "Monty Python and The Holy Grail". He would some times rent out a movie theater to do midnight screenings of this movie with his friends.
18. Before Elvis Presley became famous, he had a troubling past of getting bullied. Once in high school, three guys were going to cut his hair off. Then a man, named Red West intervened the scene and stopped them. He would become Elvis's bodyguard and friend and was with him from 1956 to 1975.
19. The lyrics to Elton John's 'Rocket Man' were meant to be taken literally and it is about a Mars-bound astronaut leaving his family to do his job.
20. Many were critical of Eminem for his homophobic, violent, and misogynistic lyrics. But as a show of support Elton John performed "Stan" with Eminem at the 2001 Grammys, saying that he recognized Eminem's songs to be written from the perspective of the deranged Slim Shady.
After seeing Elvis in concert, Liberace suggested he wear flashy costumes. Elvis took the advice and began sporting gold lame jackets and jeweled white jumpsuits.
22. Following the death of Elvis, his record label made millions with Orion, a masked performer who sounded exactly like The King, leading many to believe he never really died.
23. American singer Elvis Presley hated English singer John Lennon and wanted to beat him up for his anti-war stance.
24. Elvis Presley was a natural blonde. He started to dye his hair at a young age to have an edgier look.
25. Former newspaper editor of The Sun, Kelvin Mackenzie, published a story alleging Elton John had the voiceboxes of his own guard dogs removed. He was proven wrong when a reporter went round to check and the dogs barked at him.