An Indian billionaire named Dadi Balsara lived in a 5-star hotel for 36 years.
27. India's richest person, Mukesh Ambani, built a $1 billion home. It has 27 habitable floors, including six parking floors for the capacity of up to 168 cars. A staff of 600 maintain the home.
28. Elon Musk believes that the United States is "[inarguably] the greatest country that has ever existed on Earth", describing it as "the greatest force for good of any country that's ever been" and believes outright that there "would not be democracy in the world if not for the United States."
29. Billionaire and Titanic victim, Benjamin Guggenheim, "—played the game out straight to the end." , and no woman was left aboard because Ben Guggenheim was no coward.
30. While in middle school, Bill Gates and Paul Allen had their computer privileges revoked for taking advantage of software glitches to obtain free computer time from the company that provided the computers. They were allowed back in the computer lab when they offered to debug the program.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
Room of Forgotten Souls
Michael Dell, the founder of Dell Inc., once had a high school summer job selling newspaper subscriptions for the Houston Post. By targeting the demographics of newlyweds and recent home buyers, Dell made $18,000 in one summer, exceeding the yearly payroll of two of his teachers.
32. When billionaire Li Ka-Shing paid HK $2 billion ransom to the kidnapper of his eldest son, he told the gangster "to become a good man or become miserable". He later called Li several times for investment advice but still gambled all the money away and was later executed in China.
33. A Japanese businessman named Masayoshi Son once suffered from the biggest recorded net worth loss to happen to a person. In 2004, he lost nearly $77 billion when the value of the stock of his company, Softbank, plummeted.
34. Oracle billionaire Larry Ellison once hired a guy to follow his yacht in a powerboat and retrieve basketballs that go overboard.
35. China's richest woman is Yang Huiyan who has a net worth of almost 6 billion US dollars. Her wealth comes from a 70% stake in property development firm Country Garden, which her father, a former peasant bricklayer, gifted her in 2005.
36Laurene Powell Jobs
Laurene Powell Jobs, Steve Jobs' widow is the single largest individual shareholder in Disney, owning more than $12 billion in company stock.
37. As of 2018, Samsung's chairman Lee Kun-hee is in a coma since 2014, yet he still holds the title.
38. Gina Rinehart, the richest woman in Australia does not have a post-secondary degree and is involved in Australian politics and the gold mining business.
39. In 2013, one tweet from billionaire investor Carl Icahn resulted in a $17 billion increase in Apple's market capital in 60 minutes.
40. Chinese billionaire Joseph Lau spent over $50 million on diamonds for two of his daughters, one of which was a year old.