The flag most often associated with the Confederate Flag is actually the Battle Flag of Northern Virginia.
27. The flag of Denmark is the oldest flag in the world still in use (since 1219).
28. The Sun seen on many South American flags and coat of arms, such as Argentina, Peru, Bolivia, and Ecuador, is a reference to the Incan god of the Sun, Inti.
29. The flags of Australia and New Zealand are so similar, the Prime Minister of Australia was greeted with the flag of New Zealand on a state visit to Canada in 1984.
30. India has the only national flag with restrictions over its material. The hand-spun khadi cloth must be cotton, silk, or wool; producing a flag without the specific khadi treading is a crime punishable by up to 3 years in jail and a fine.
"Plus Ultra" is on Spain's flag and coat of arms. It's a reversal of the Latin phrase "Non plus ultra" (Nothing further beyond) supposedly on the Pillars of Hercules at the Strait of Gibraltar. The motto ("Further beyond") was adopted after Columbus' discovery of the Americas.
32. The stars on the Brazilian flag, much like the ones on the American flag, reflect the current number of states Brazil has.
33. The Canadian flag with the maple leaf in the middle has only been in use since 1965.
34. The flag of the Shetland Islands is a white Nordic cross on a blue background. It is an amalgamation of the flag of Scotland and the Scandinavian flags' use of the Nordic cross on their flags symbolizing Shetland's historical and cultural ties with Scandinavia.
35. The flag of Arkansas was originally designed by a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution but was subsequently updated by the State to reflect Confederate history.
From 1977-2011, the national flag of Libya was literally a green rectangle.
37. The flag of Amsterdam is meant to represent a triple cross of St. Andrew's.
38. The flag of Mozambique features an AK-47 with a bayonet attached to the barrel crossed by a hoe, superimposed on an open book. It is the only one of the four to feature a modern firearm instead of cannons or muskets.
39. The flag of Zeeland in the Netherlands has a lion in the waves and represents the region's constant struggle against the ocean.
40. The bear on the California flag is the California grizzly bear, an animal that is now extinct.