In Canada, more ice cream is sold in the winter months than in the summer.
27. February 4th is the National Ice Cream for Breakfast Day in USA.
28. Raw Horse Flesh is an ice cream flavor that is sold in Japan.
29. The US Navy commissioned the world's first floating ice cream parlor in 1945, capable of making 1500 gallons of ice-cream an hour.
30. Eskimo Ice Cream (Akutaq) is made by using a concoction of reindeer fat, seal oil, freshly fallen snow or water, fresh berries and sometimes groundfish. Air is whipped by hand until it cools into the foam. Akutaq can also be made with moose, or polar bear meat or fat.
Hawaiian Punch was originally an ice cream topping.
32. You can make banana ice cream with just one ingredient i.e., Banana.
33. A Spanish scientist has created an ice cream that changes color as you eat it and intends to name it Xamaleón (similar to chameleon).
34. Neapolitan Ice cream was originally made to resemble the Italian Flag (green (pistachio or almond), white (vanilla), and red (cherry)).
35. William Dreyer named his ice cream creation "Rocky Road" due to hardships caused by The Great Depression.
During operation PLUTO, the Allied forces laid pipe allowing them to pump a million gallons of fuel per day under the English Channel to France. The pump houses were disguised as cottages and even an ice cream shop.
37. A Venezuelan ice cream shop named Heladería Coromoto holds the record for most flavors. They have smoked trout, mushrooms in wine, hot dog and pork rind are some of the flavors they serve out of 860 flavors they own.
38. The popular ice cream flavor "Tutti Frutti" got its name because it literally means "All Fruits" in Italian.
39. Spaghettieis is a German ice cream which looks like spaghetti.
40. Shawn of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and The World's End together are called the Three Flavours Cornetto Trilogy and each has a specific theme and color loosely related to Cornetto's Ice Cream flavors. The flavors also make appearances in their respective movies.