At the 2:58 mark in the song "Hey Jude", Paul McCartney hits the wrong key on the piano and says "Fu*king Hell". John Lennon suggested that they keep it into the song, and so they dropped it into a low register. You can still hear it in the song to this day.
2. A Chinese linguist created an entire 97-word essay using the same word, "Shi", only varying in tones, to prove why Chinese needs to be written using logograms and not phonetically.
3. Despite being commonly thought as being nothing but a desert, Arizona has the largest contiguous pine tree forest in the world.
4. There was a US pilot of "The IT Crowd" and Moss was played by the same actor.
5. In 2014, a Korean Air flight had to return to the gate because the Vice Chairman was served nuts in a plastic bag as opposed to serving on a plate. She struck the cabin crew chief with a tablet on his knuckles repeatedly and then fired him immediately in what's known as The Nut Rage Incident.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
32 Incredible Easter Eggs You Missed in Harry Potter Movies
Michael Keaton wasn't surprised that he was cast as Batman as he initially believed the movie would be like the 1960s tv version with Adam West and only later learned that Batman was a much darker character.
7. The head of MI6's Anti-Communist Section (IX) in 1944, was actually a Communist passing information on to Moscow.
8. There is a disorder called "William's Syndromes" in which one of its primary features is "pathological friendliness."
9. The original TRON (1982) was not considered for a visual effects Oscar because the Academy felt the filmmakers had cheated by using computers.
10. A single asteroid, named Hebe, is the origin of about 40% of the meteorites that hit Earth.
11Jeremiah A Denton
An American POW (Jeremiah A Denton) in Vietnam blinked the Morse code for TORTURE during a propaganda interview.
12. When Georgia's Savanah airport attempted to expand a runway in the 1980's they were not given permission from a family to relocate two graves that lay on the property. The airport paved over the graves and laid two headstones flat with the runway.
13. The Gaia Hypothesis states that Earth should be categorized as a single pre-life organism operating on chemical reactions, much like an Amoeba.
14. If you started with $0.01 and doubled your money every day, it would take 27 days to become a millionaire.
15. A period of life ranging from the twenties to thirties, in which a person begins to feel doubtful about their own lives, brought on by the stress of becoming an adult.
In 1971, Theo Albrecht (co-owner of Aldi) was kidnapped and released for a ransom of $4 million that he himself negotiated. He then received tax relief on the payment, claiming it as a business expense.
17. In 1987, Steven Spielberg made a deal with Universal Studios Florida to license his films for rides in return for 2% of the gross revenues in perpetuity (including tickets and concession sales). The annual payout exceeds $50 million and will keep growing unless he agrees to a multi-billion dollar buyout.
18. A parasite named cymothoa exigua severs the blood vessels in fish's tongue, causing the tongue to fall off, then attaches itself to the stub and becomes the fish's new tongue.
19. If a Ferret goes into heat and does not have sex, she'll die. Too much estrogen will enter the bloodstream, suppress blood-cell production, and she'll succumb to Aplastic Anemia.
20. Not only did 43% of Pompeii buildings have indoor toilets, some also had to plumb for toilets on the second floor.
The Eagles' "Hotel California" was written to be a Twilight Zone styled metaphor for L.A. and Beverly Hills and their strange inhabitants. The steely knives were a reference to Steely Dan, who inspired the band to be bold with their lyrics.
22. Senior Chief Robert O'Neill, the Navy SEAL that killed Bin Laden, also rescued Captain Phillips and Marcus Luttrell, the SEAL from the movie "Lone Survivor".
23. There was a limited edition publication in 1953 of Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451 bound in asbestos to prevent burning.
24. Young people in Japan are just not having enough sex and this is a huge concern for the government.
25. While searching for Steve Fossett's plane crash, at least 8 previously uncharted plane crashes were located.