Two-thirds of the way between your 31st and 32nd birthdays, you will turn one billion seconds old.
27. A Humboldt penguin escaped from Tokyo Sea Life Park and thrived in Tokyo Bay for 82 days after scaling the 13-foot high wall and managing to get through a barbed-wire fence into the bay. The penguin, known only by its number (337) was later recaptured by the zookeepers.
28. The owners of the Titanic demanded huge sums of money at the time to return the bodies of ship's crew to their grieving families.
29. A pianist named Reginald Dwight was touring with a band called Simon Dupree and the Big Sound. They laughed at him when he told them he was adopting the stage name of Elton John.
30. The term "okay" is derived from "OK" and not the other way around.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
20 Scary Mental & Psychological Illnesses - Part 1
31Hindenburg smoking lounge
Despite being filled with flammable hydrogen, the Hindenburg airship had a smoking lounge on board.
32. The voice of phone numbers, voicemail, etc. is not a computer-generated voice but the recorded voice of an actual lady named Joan Kenley.
33. Lego bricks from 1958 still interlock with those made in the current time. According to their company policy, each Lego piece must be manufactured to an exacting degree of precision and when two pieces are engaged they must fit firmly, yet be easily disassembled.
34. The tiny European country of San Marino conferred citizenship on Abraham Lincoln, who responded by thanking them and praising their system of government.
35. 11% of billionaires tracked by Forbes did not graduate from college, but 45% went to an elite university.
The “seeds" you see on the outside of a strawberry are actually the plant's ovaries and are called "achenes." Each “seed" is technically a separate fruit that has a seed inside of it.
37. The world’s largest parrot, the Kakapo, is the world's only flightless parrot. It is nocturnal, herbivorous, and is one of the world's longest-living birds with an average lifespan of 95 years. It is critically endangered. As of 2012, there were only 126 living individuals known.
38. Playing the didgeridoo has been clinically proven to help treat sleep apnea.
39. Singer Rod Stewart has eight children from five different women, and there is a 49-year age gap between his youngest and oldest child (ages 6 to 55).