26BK Crown Gold Card
Burger King has a 'BK Crown Gold Card' which it gives out to celebrities. It is good for a lifetime of free food at any Burger King location.
27. In 'n' Out Burger used to let customers add as many extra patties with cheese as they wanted to their burgers until one group of 8 ordered one with 100 patties which contained 19,450 kcals.
28. Auntie Anne's make it a point to hire disabled people to pass out samples. According to its owner, the sampler position was created with this goal in mind. “It is sometimes hard to find teenagers willing to pass out pieces of pretzel, but many people with disabilities enjoy the public interaction.”
29. Chipotle has a policy of bringing ingredients to the tables of disabled diners and doing tableside preparation so that they don’t miss out on the “Chipotle experience.”
30. Panera Bread tried to stop a Qdoba Mexican Grill from opening nearby by trying to argue that a 'burrito is a sandwich' and thus breaking the lease agreement restricting rent from another 'sandwich shop.'
Latest FactRepublic Video:
32 Incredible Easter Eggs You Missed in Harry Potter Movies
31Jack in the Box mascot commercials
The Jack in the Box mascot commercials were made to bring good PR to the company after they had one of the worst E. coli outbreaks in modern US history.
32. In 2009, KFC made an offer to cities in the US to fix their potholes for free as long as they could add "Re-Freshed by KFC" on top of it.
33. The Domino's Pizza logo has 3 dots because that's how many stores there were in 1969. They planned to add a new dot for every store that opened, but that was quickly scrapped as the franchise grew rapidly.
34. Botto Bistro, an Italian restaurant in San Francisco, started a campaign " Hate us on Yelp " to become the worst rated restaurant in Yelp. It also offered a 25% discount to customers who gave it a 1-star review on Yelp.
35. Pizza Hut made a delivery to the International Space Station in 2001. They paid the Russians $1 million to transport the Pizza.
36McDonald's and Coca-Cola
McDonald's had the support of Coca-Cola's investment in 1955 when it started. Now McDonald's is Coke's largest restaurant customer and the two companies maintain a unique, symbiotic relationship.
37. In 2009, Chick-Fil-A fast food chain donated nearly $2 million to Anti-gay groups.
38. The most successful Panda Express brings in more than $4 million a year. It's in a mall food court in Honolulu, Hawaii.
39. There is a restaurant named Tim's Place in New Mexico which is owned by a person with Downs Syndrome. The restaurant offers Breakfast, Lunch, and Hugs.