Despite the ongoing Arab Boycott of Israel since 1948, Israel has achieved a higher GDP than all of the participants except for the oil rich Kuwait and Qatar, and the participants stand to lose $30 billion from not trading with Israel by 2020.
27. The Commodore 64 computer dominated the US computer market during the mid-80s, outselling IBM PC compatibles and Apple computers.
28. Mary of "Mary Had A Little Lamb" was an 83-year-old teacher named Mary F. Sawyer, who brought her pet lamb to the school she taught around the time of the battle of Waterloo.
29. Mathematician Marina Ratner proved her most influential theorem after she turned 50, defying a common notion that only young mathematicians can do great work.
30. World War 2 General George Patton believed that he was a reincarnated ancient Roman soldier, and he also thought that he had served under Napoleon.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
32 Incredible Easter Eggs You Missed in Harry Potter Movies
China's army holds annual training exercises against a 'Blue Force' equipped to resemble a NATO adversary like the United States. The Blue Force nearly always wins; in 2014, only one visiting brigade was able to defeat it at the cost of 50% casualties.
32. Colonel David Stirling, the founder of the Special Air Service, personally strangled 41 men.
33. The sandwich was supposedly invented by the Earl of Sandwich (John Montagu), who was so addicted to gambling that he refused to leave the table for meals and demanded something he could eat with one hand. It caught on amongst other players, who ordered "the same as sandwich" - thus, "the sandwich".
34. There are only 9 active donors in the community of rare blood donors that have Rh-null blood. Rh-null is considered a universal blood for anyone with a rare blood type within the Rh system.
35. In 2012, the entire village of Sodeto in Spain won a $950 million lottery jackpot except for Costis Mitsotakis because he refused to buy the lottery.
36US Supreme court
The US Supreme Court ruled that professional solicitors and charities are not required to disclose their commission structure up front. A telemarketer could legally take 99% of the charitable donation as a commission.
37. The Verrazano-Narrows Bridge is a bridge whose support towers are so tall and far apart that, due to the curvature of the earth, is almost two inches farther apart at the top than the bottom.