26Walking Corpse Syndrome
Walking Corpse Syndrome is a mental condition in which sufferers believe they are missing internal organs, have no blood, or that they are dead outright. PET scans of a patient showed he exhibited brain activity similar to someone asleep or under anesthesia.
27. Misophonia is a disorder where people are abnormally annoyed by everyday noises such as chewing, slurping, etc.. Many people develop it by being intimated by someone at their table at as a child. The sounds heard then triggers anger and sometimes cause rage throughout their life.
28. There is a disorder that is thought to be purely psychological called Pseudocyesis, where a woman shows all the symptoms of being pregnant except for the presence of a fetus. Their belly grows at the right rate and they can even go into false labor.
29. Charles Darwin suffered from agoraphobia (panic disorder). He suffered constant nausea, trembling, and crying; rendering him virtually bedridden from the age of 30 until his death. His disorder was so severe he even avoided conversations with his own children.
30. A rare neurological disorder called Witzelsucht is characterized by a tendency to make puns, or tell inappropriate jokes or pointless stories in socially inappropriate situations.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
32 Incredible Easter Eggs You Missed in Harry Potter Movies
There is a woman named Sarah Carmen who suffers from Permanent Sexual Arousal Syndrome (PSAS), meaning she has more than 200 orgasms per day.
32. Stendhal syndrome (also known as hyperkulturemia) is dizziness caused by being overwhelmed by Florence's fantastic art.
33. There is a disease named Superior canal dehiscence that affects the inner ear and amplifies all internal sounds. It gets to the point where the sound of the eyeballs moving in their sockets sounds like "sandpaper on wood".
34. There is a genetic disease named Laron syndrome that results in short stature, longer life expectancy, and near immunity to cancer and diabetes. People with this condition actually look like Hobbits.
35. There is a girl named Zara Hartshorn who suffers from a rare disease called lipodystrophy. She is only 19 but looks like she is in her 40s or 50s.