26Kit Kat bars
The "chocolayer" between Kit Kat wafers is crushed up Kit Kat bars.
27. Kit-Kat made an edible 24-karat gold leaf–enrobed Kit Kat bar flavored with rare Feng Huang Dan Cong Oolong tea and sold it wrapped in silk for $88.
28. The Mars candy bar is sold worldwide except in the USA.
29. In the US, in order to be legally called "chocolate", a product must contain cocoa butter. Phrases like "chocolatey" and "chocolate flavored" are used for products that do not contain cocoa butter, but instead use other vegetable oils. These have a different taste than "real chocolate".
30. An average German eats 114 chocolate bars a year, whereas an average American eats 51.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
Room of Forgotten Souls
Candy Canes was initially created to get kids to shut-up in Church.
32. M&Ms were invented in 1941 as a means for soldiers to enjoy chocolate without it melting. During the war, the candy was sold exclusively to the military.
33. During World War 2, Tootsie Rolls was added to soldiers' rations thanks to their durability in all weather conditions.
34. There is a large black market for chocolate pies in North Korea.
35. Dark chocolate (70% cacao or more) and cheese actually protect your teeth.