Sprouts that come out of old potatoes are poisonous and can cause an array of symptoms ranging from vomiting to paralysis.
27. In 2009, Stephen Hawking held a reception for time travelers but didn't publicize it until after it had happened. This way, only those who could travel back in time would be able to attend.
28. Unmarried Iranian people who have sex or even date and hold hands can be arrested, fined, or flogged. Sigheh or temporary marriage is a loophole to this. People can marry for a few minutes or as long as 99 years.
29. The Sentinelese, an indigenous population that lives on North Sentinel Island. They have lived there virtually untouched by modern civilization for thousands of years. Any intruders on their island have been met with lethal hostility.
30. The average member of the U.S. Congress makes $174,000 per year and it has been that way since 2009
Latest FactRepublic Video:
15 Most Controversial & Costly Blunders in History
Fika is a concept in Swedish culture that means "to have coffee, cake, and a chit-chat". It's a big part of the culture and most companies have two daily Fika breaks at 9 am and at 3 pm.
32. There is a soccer team (Athletic Bilbao) in Spain that since 1912 has only signed players who were born or raised in the Basque Country (where less than 7% of Spain's population live). Despite that, the team is one of the most successful teams in Spain and is one of the only teams never to be relegated
33. In pre-modern times people brought their own silver spoons to the table, carrying them everywhere they went. Silver spoons were an indication of wealth, hence the saying "born with a silver spoon in his mouth."
34. Chris Evans was paid around $300,000 to star in Captain America: The First Avenger and that Chris Hemsworth made $150,000 initially for appearing in Thor and Robert Downey Jr. made $500,000 for the first Iron Man.