The Flash traveled back in time, became a form of pure energy, and was the very bolt of lightning that gave him powers in the first place.
77. While promoting his upcoming Watchmen film in 2008, future Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice director Zack Snyder admitted that he didn’t find Christopher Nolan’s characterization of the Dark Knight that gritty, claiming, “He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas… But he doesn’t, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about dark, that’s how that would go.”
78. The Dark Film Noir/Art Deco feel to 'Batman: The Animated Series' was due to the use of black paper with light colors for animation, instead of the industry standard of dark colors on white paper.
79. The 1960s Batman with Adam West was known for its morals and lessons, which included the importance of seat belts, homework, eating vegetables, and drinking milk.
80. Actor Marlon Wayans was going to play Robin in Batman Returns (1991). He still earns money for his 2-movie deal, despite never actually appearing as Robin.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
32 Incredible Easter Eggs You Missed in Harry Potter Movies
Following the 9/11 attacks, Batman Voice actor Kevin Conroy volunteered to cook for police and firefighters. At the behest of another cook, he called out from the kitchen with his iconic Batman line and was greeted by cheers and applause from the emergency service personal.
82. In Australia, there is a parliamentary position called The Shadow Minister of Justice, and it is currently held by the representative from the electorate of Batman
83. There was a batman villain named Condiment King and he was defeated by slipping on his own ketchup.
84. Michael Keaton was so against Batman Forever, that even $15 million couldn’t sway him to reprise his role.
85. The Dark Knight was the first Batman movie to not have the word Batman in the title and also to not have any bats throughout the film.
When asked about his thoughts on Ben Affleck playing Batman, George Clooney responded by saying “I am the least qualified person to comment on anyone playing the role of Batman since I so terribly destroyed the part.”
87. When Christopher Nolan offered Heath Ledger the part of Batman in Batman Begins, he said: "I would never take part in a superhero film."
88. Christian Bale refused to play Batman if Robin appeared anywhere in the Trilogy.
89. "Batman" was created not just by Bob Kane, but also a partner, Bill Finger, who was never credited for anything Batman related until recently. He is responsible for the original ideas of the Batman’s persona, costume, Gotham, characters, etc.
90. In 2011, two teenagers in Vancouver, Canada lured multiple pedophiles online by posing as a 15-year-old girl, only to show up at the meeting spot as Batman and the Flash to record them.
91Adventures of Superman
The 1946 'Adventures of Superman' radio show revealed the 'secret' codes and rituals of the KKK, making it a laughingstock and drying up Klan recruitment almost overnight
92. There was a planned sequel to the 1997 Batman & Robin, with radio talk show host Howard stern considered to play Scarecrow.
93. Batman creator Bob Kane said in a Cinescape interview that of all the actors to have played Batman up to that point (before the series was rebooted in 2005), he felt Val Kilmer had given the best interpretation.
94. In 2008, the Mayor of Batman, Turkey, wanted to sue Warner Brothers and Nolan for using the city’s name without permission.
95. While filming Batman Begins, someone crashed into the Batmobile in a state of panic thinking it was an invading alien spacecraft.
96University of Victoria
The University of Victoria in Canada offers a course in the science of Batman.
97. In 2011, two guys from the UK changed their names to Emperor Spiderman Gandalf Wolverine Skywalker Optimus Prime Goku Sonic Xavier Ryu Cloud Superman HeMan Batman Thrash
98. The infamous Batman's growl in The Dark Knight is not Bale's fault but Nolan's. The real voice during filming was more toned down and then heightened to a rougher, grittier vibe during post-production under the decision of director Christopher Nolan.
99. Batman could exist in real life, but only for a few years. This is due to the incredible physical demands being Batman requires.
100. Danny Elfman came up with the theme to 'Batman' on a flight from London but since he couldn't write music he kept running to the bathroom to record himself on a tape recorder whenever he had a new idea, causing the flight attendants to think he was a junkie