Jimi Hendrix had to learn how to play a right-handed guitar because his father believed left-handedness was the sign of the devil. He later played a right-handed guitar with his left hand.
2. Stormtroopers are left-handed.
3. The tradition of the wedding ring is worn on the left-hand ring finger was derived from the Romans because there was thought to be a vein in the finger, referred to as the ‘Vena Amoris’ or the ‘Vein of Love’ said to be directly connected to the heart.
4. More than 2,500 left-handed people are killed every year around the world from using equipment meant for right-handed people.
5. Forcing a left-handed person to change to their right hand at a young age can have severe repercussions throughout their life.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
32 Incredible Easter Eggs You Missed in Harry Potter Movies
There is a term for the opposite of "ambidextrous". It's "ambisinister", and it means you're equally bad with both hands. Sinister's etymology is from Latin meaning "left", hence ambisinister really means all your hands are left-handed
7. Majority of the member’s from Simpson’s family are left-handed.
8. Jay-Z, 50 Cent, Tupac, Dr. Dre and Eminem are all left-handed.
9. Most left-handed humans prefer to draw circles clockwise and circulate in buildings clockwise, and most right-handed people prefer to draw circles counterclockwise and circulate in buildings anticlockwise.
10. Left-handedness runs in families. Lefties in the British royal family include the Queen Mother, Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Charles, and Prince William.
11Dr. Donald Unger
Dr. Donald Unger cracked the knuckles of his left hand (but not his right hand) every day for more than 60 years to prove that it does not give you arthritis. Neither hand got arthritis and he won the bet with his mother that the habit originated from.
12. Lefties drink more often than righties.
13. Left-handed people are more likely to die younger and are more likely to have Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, and likely to be schizophrenic, alcoholic, delinquent, dyslexic, as well as mental disabilities.
14. Left-handedness was seen as a neurotic, a mark of the devil, a sign of homosexuality in history. Also, mothers who give birth at the age of 40 are 128% more likely to have a left-handed baby.
15. Left-handed people are often excluded from studies of how the brain works. This means that the results of those studies may not apply to approximately 10% of the population.