For 150 years, whenever a new heir was born to the Annheiser-Busch brewing family, they would be fed five drops of Budweiser before even having their mothers milk
27. An astronaut named John Young smuggled a corned beef sandwich when aboarded during the first manned gemini space flight.
28. The last Nazi soldiers to surrender in World War 2 did so on September 4, 1945, two days after the official Japanese surrender.
29. Volvo invented 3-point seatbelt and gave it away to save lives
30. The Chinese word for 'superfluous', 画蛇添足 literally means to draw legs on a snake.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
15 Most Controversial & Costly Blunders in History
Lord of the Rings actor Ian McKellen turned down an offer of $1.5 million to officiate a wedding dressed as Gandalf, saying "I am sorry, Gandalf doesn't do weddings."
32. In Ontario, Canada, the disabled do not need fishing licenses. Possession of any number of disabled service documents (e.g. Parking permit, etc.) is equivalent to a fishing license.
33. There is such thing as False Awakening where you think that you have awoken from a dream and proceed with your daily life but you are actually still dreaming
34. President Theodore Roosevelt kept a pet badger in the White House
35. 14th US President, Franklin Pierce recited his 3,319-word inaugural address from memory, without the aid of notes.
36Oregon Trail Generation
A sub-generation exists called the "Oregon Trail Generation", and consists of people born in the late '70s and early '80s.
37. Americans trust Judge Judy more than all nine justices of the United States Supreme Court
38. Depression in young people affects the stomach. Anxiety affects the skin.
39. NASA was hesitant to send women into space because they weren't sure how their periods would affect their performance, "it was theorized that a woman could be bleed to death in microgravity"
40. To protect the final Harry Potter book from leaking to the public, a 10-million pounds security operation featuring satellite tracking systems and armed security with K-9 units was used. A Scholastic lawyer also physically sat on a copy during the flight to prevent any potential loss.
Aphantasia is the lack of ability to visualize images or hear sounds in your mind
42. Sand is a non-renewable resource and the world is running out of it. The construction industry alone uses billions of tons of it every year
43. A child's birthday predicts whether they get prescribed ADHD medications. This is thought to be because the immaturity of younger students in a class is misinterpreted as symptoms of ADHD.
44. Mel Blanc's characterization of Daffy Duck holds the world record for the longest characterization of one animated character by his or her original actor. 52 years is the record.
45. Massachusetts General was the first hospital in the world to use anesthetics. "Ether Day,” the anniversary of that event is still celebrated 170 plus years later by its doctors and staff annually on October 16th.