1The Breakfast Club
While filming The Breakfast Club, Judd Nelson (‘Bender’) used to stay in character off camera, and tormented the other cast members, particularly Claire, played by Molly Ringwald.
2. During the filming of "Blazing Saddles," a man walked into a scene of the movie, who wasn't part of the cast or crew. Director Mel Brooks decided to leave him in the movie for comical effect.
3. While filming Rocky IV, Dolph Lundgren punched Sylvester Stallone's chest so hard, his heart slammed against his breastbone, causing it to swell and his systolic blood pressure shot to over 200. Filming was halted as Stallone was flown to a nearby hospital and spent eight days in intensive care.
4. Stanley Kubrick had all the sets and models from the filming of 2001: A Space Odyssey destroyed to prevent a sequel from being made.
5. During the filming of the James Bond film "Never Say Never Again," Sean Connery was taking martial arts lessons from a professional instructor. During the course of the lessons, Connery pissed off the instructor…who in turn broke Connery's wrist. That instructor was Steven Seagal.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
15 Most Controversial & Costly Blunders in History
James Franco got a "D" in his acting class at NYU. This actually happened while he was filming ‘127 Hours.’ Hours that Franco spent in production contributed to him missing most of his classes.
7. While filming Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps, Shia LaBeouf invested $20,000 in the stock market and ended up making more than $400,000.
8. The filming of 'The Godfather' was disrupted by an actual Mafia member, Joe Colombo. Producer Al Ruddy met with him and reviewed the script, striking the word "Mafia" completely from the movie. Colombo and his pals also managed to elbow their way into casting and ended up as extras in the film.
9. During the filming of Star Trek (2009), Zachary Quinto could not manage to properly do the Vulcan salute. Eventually, J.J. Abrams had to glue his fingers together in order for Quinto to do it correctly.
10. In the movie 'The Hangover', no effects or prosthetics were created for Stu's missing tooth. Actor Ed Helms never had an adult incisor grow, and his fake incisor was taken out for the parts of filming where Stu's tooth is missing.
During the filming of The Grinch, Jim Carrey sought counseling from a Navy SEAL to learn torture-resistance techniques in order to handle the extensive makeup.
12. Charles Bronson, Britain's most violent prisoner, actually shaved his trademark mustache off so Tom Hardy could wear it during the filming of "Bronson", which was based on his life in prison.
13. While filming The African Queen (1951) in the Congo, everyone on the crew became very ill with dysentery from drinking the water—everyone, that is, except Humphrey Bogart, who only drank whiskey.
14. After filming the freeway scenes for The Matrix: Reloaded, the filmmakers instead of disposing of the set, chose to donate it, in pieces, to charity in Mexico to be turned into low-cost housing
15. While filming Zodiac, Robert Downey Jr. used to discreetly pee into jars and leave them in corners of the set as a protest for not getting enough break time.
16Sean Bean's Scar
The scar over Sean Bean's left eye was given to him by Harrison Ford, who accidentally struck him with a meat hook whilst filming a scene in 'Patriot Games'.
17. During breaks, while filming Planet of the Apes (1968), the actors playing chimpanzees would usually only consort with other chimp actors and gorillas with other gorilla actors, etc. They were not instructed to do this, it just sort of happened.
18. During the filming of 'Cabin Fever,' Rider Strong decided to explore the forest alone after a shoot, still in his gruesome makeup. He came across a group of schoolgirls on a field trip, who were horrified--at first. When they subsequently recognized him from 'Boy Meets World,' he had to escape from the fangirls.
19. Sylvester Stallone broke his neck while filming a fight scene for ‘The Expendables’. The injury required insertion of a metal plate.
20. Thora Birch was 16 at the time she shot her topless scene in ‘American Beauty.’ Being classified as a minor, her parents had to approve her brief topless scene in the movie. They and child labor representatives were on the set for the shooting of the scene.
21Downey Jr. Knocked Out
While filming a fight scene for 'Sherlock Holmes', Robert Maillet (‘Dredger’) accidentally knocked Robert Downey, Jr. unconscious.
22. Stanley Kubrick used lenses commissioned by NASA for the Apollo moon landings while filming his Victorian masterpiece, ‘Barry Lyndon,’ allowing him to capture scenes lit only by candlelight.
23. Stanley Kubrick duped George C. Scott into playing General Turgidson in Dr. Strangelove, by telling him they were filming "practice takes". Scott swore never to work with Kubrick again after that.
24. While filming the village attack scene in 'Apocalypse Now', the helicopters provided by the Philippine Air Force suddenly veered away and disappeared. They had been called off the filming to attack a real-life rebel force in the hills.
25. While filming ‘The Princess Bride,’ Andre the Giant used to cover Robin Wright's head with his huge hand to keep her warm when it got particularly cold.