For unknown reasons, people who smoke and people who are taking oral contraceptives, are less likely to develop canker sores.
27. A study showed that people who drank 32 ounces of energy drinks in an hour had abnormal electrical activity in their hearts and higher blood pressure four hours later. About 30% of Americans ages 12 through 17 regularly consume energy drinks, linked to increased emergency room visits and death.
28. People who lose the ability to smell become socially insecure, and their overall level of happiness plummets.
29. Research suggests that people who take long naps during the day or sleep 9 or more hours at night may have an increased risk of stroke. Long nappers and long sleepers were 85% more likely to have a stroke. Those with poor sleep quality were 29% more likely to have a stroke.
30. A study conducted by King's College London shows that babies who are fed food containing peanuts are less likely to develop an allergy to peanuts.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
15 Most Controversial & Costly Blunders in History
Psychopaths tend to have a poor sense of smell.
32. A study shows that people who drink moderate amounts of alcohol have an approximately 20% lower risk of dying from heart disease when compared to those who don't drink.
33. Bald men tend to have lower vitamin-D levels because they avoid the sun after experiencing frequent scalp sunburns.
34. People who are deaf from birth and suffer from hallucinations will, instead of hearing voices, see things such as disembodied lips or hands moving or signing at them.
35. A study showed reading text in a font slightly more difficult to read (ex: Comic Sans) found students remembered more than reading in easier fonts (ex: Arial).
There is a correlation between losing a parent and achieving eminence in a profession, nearly 1/3 of US Presidents lost their father at a young age.
37. People who have sex at least once a week tend to have better immune systems.
38. A 2011 study showed that a group of 4-year-olds had a temporary lapse in cognitive function after watching 9 minutes of SpongeBob Squarepants.
39. Research shows that people who are financially dependent on their partner are more likely to be unfaithful.
40. People who are depressed actually see less color.
Habitual liars tend to have more white matter in their prefrontal cortex.
42. People who consume tobacco and caffeine have a reduced risk of developing Parkinson's disease.
43. People who work in slaughterhouses can and do suffer from Post-traumatic stress disorder.
44. People who experience goosebumps or "shivers" from listening to music tend to experience much stronger emotions in response to music and are more emotional in general. Music tends to be a much more important part of daily life for these people.
45. One study has shown that an average male gets bored on a shopping trip after just 26 minutes while an average woman tires after around two hours.