26Fruit Salad Tree
There is a "Fruit Salad Tree" which can grow up to 6 different types of fruit.
27. It's a bad idea to use a banana for scale when taking pictures of a beehive, since the alarm pheromone to alert bees to defend their hive smells like bananas.
28. In Ancient Greece, throwing an apple at somebody meant to declare your love to them.
29. We get the word "orange" from the fruit, not vice versa, and that the colour was called "yellow-red" before we discovered the fruit.
30. All Hass avocados (the ones you get in grocery stores) descended from a single tree in California, which was planted using unknown seeds.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
15 Most Controversial & Costly Blunders in History
A Greek philosopher named Chrysippus died of laughter after he saw a donkey eating his figs.
32. Orange juice tastes bad after brushing because toothpaste blocks your sweet taste receptors due to a foaming agent that changes the permeability of your tongue cells.
33. The second person (Bobby Leach) ever to go down Niagra Falls in a barrel survived the feat. Later, he tripped on an orange peel and died.
34. Roses produce fruit (Rosehips).
35. Drinking watermelon juice before a workout helps reduce muscle soreness.