Fact Cards

581. Kirstie Alley-When the creation of the 'Cheers' spinoff, 'Frasier' was announced, Cheers cast-member Kirstie Alley called producer David Lee to tell him she wouldn't make any appearances on the show, because she was a Scientologist and didn't believe in psychiatry. He replied, ‘I don't recall asking.’


582. Stephen king-Stephen King wrote a handwritten review for Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix in which he said Dolores Umbridge was ‘the best fictional villain since Hannibal Lecter.’


583. Helmet law-550 motorcyclists participated in a ride to protest New York State's mandatory helmet law. During the ride, One of the rider's breaks failed and was sent over the handlebars and hit his head on the pavement, killing him. Medical experts said he would have survived if he had worn his helmet.


584. Mother teresa-Mother Teresa encouraged members of her order to secretly baptize dying patients, many of whom were Hindus and Muslims.


585. Blue house raid-In 1968, four South Korean woodcutters stumbled across the camp of a group of North Korean commandos on a mission to assassinate the South Korean president. The commandos lectured them on the benefits of communism and spared their lives, but their mission failed as the woodcutters had alerted the police.


586. Leprino foods-The cheese used by major pizza companies (Dominoes, Papa Johns, Pizza Hut) is monopolized by a single cheese company, Leprino Foods, which has control over 85% of the pizza cheese market.


587. SR71-80% of the SR-71 Blackbird's thrust at Mach 3.2 was generated from its ability to harness energy from the shock waves it created, thanks to special retractable spikes in front of its inlets. Its engines generated the other 20% of thrust.


588. SR71_2-The SR-71 did more than just take pictures. It could aim its radar 45 degrees to the side, map the terrain like side scan sonar, intercept enemy command radar signals, record its entire flight path with infrared cameras to prove to countries that it didn't violate their airspace.


589. SR71_3-A decade before the SR-71 first flew, the Military had a Mach 4.3 capable Ramjet created to test its own air defenses. It was so effective, it was canceled to avoid embarrassing the military's own air defenses any further. The man who designed it went on to create the SR-71 spy plane.


590. Dip prasad pun-Dip Prasad Pun, a Gurkha soldier, single-handedly fought off at least a dozen Talibani attackers assaulting him. He fired more than 400 rounds, launched 17 grenades, detonated a mine, and used his tripod as a weapon when his gun failed.





  1. Would you mind if I started to post these facts on iFunny? I really think people would love them and I would of course credit and link your website.

  2. Your page (re)numbering makes it almost impossible to find something on your site. The search option doesn’t seem very helpful.. I tried to search for Harris Rosen or Fact #62 after seeing it on Bored Panda, but had to do a brute force search to find this page…

  3. I just went through all the facts pages. A few things I’ve noticed:
    1. #451-#470 (pgs 46 & 47) have images that are broken.
    2. #841-#1140 (pgs 85-114) are complete duplicates of earlier pages.

    • Thank you for your valuable feedback. Last night we implemented a new page numbering system for our fact cards. I really messed up with facts #451-#470 which I have fixed now. I have fixed the other problem too.

  4. Just stumbled onto your site via an Imgur post. Cool stuff.

    Re. one of the citations above: “The oldest D20 dice was uncovered in Egypt…”

    One “die,” many “dice.” The headline in the source given had it right; “Ancient d20 die emerges from the ashes of time.”

    Credibility is always enhanced by proper grammar.

  5. I really enjoy your site. I visit it regularly at this period of my life to use up time, while entertaining myself, and increase my awareness of life through the amazing insights into stories behind what we often overlook. It is almost therapeutic I would think! For one thing, I feel grateful not to be one of the warped personalities you often report on, but on the other hand, I feel sorry for the suffering that is really behind so many people you note through our shared history, who have the apparency of many successes, but are in fact imperfect and suffering souls like all of us, on the road to something better we hope eh?

    • History gives us an opportunity to look into the mistake our ancestors made, but also the feats they achieved. The lives they suffered, so that the future generations could have the freedom. I am happy to have been part of such an important part of your life, Stuart.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here