Fact Cards

831. Sarah Michelle Gellar-During the casting for Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Sarah Michelle Gellar auditioned for the role of Cordelia, while Charisma Carpenter, the actress who played Cordelia, auditioned for Buffy. The show’s producers made them swap roles.

Source

832. Carboniferous Trees without Fungi-For the first 40 million years that trees were around, the dead trees did not rot as the fungus that could break it down hadn't evolved yet. Trees would be piled up so deep that when a wildfire broke out they would just burn for years. That's where most of our coal comes from.

Source

833. Double stuf Oreos-Double stuf Oreos are only stuffed 1.86x more than regular Oreos.

Source

834. WW1 Trench Guns Trap Shoot-During World War 1, trench guns were given to US soldiers skilled in trap shooting so that they could shoot incoming grenades out of the air.

Source

835. Phyllis Smith-Phyllis Smith who portrayed Phyllis on 'The Office' did not audition for the part. She was a member of the casting crew. The director liked her demeanor so much that he offered her a role in the show.

Source

836. The Manor Strip Bar Church-The Manor is a strip club in Ontario Canada that doubles as a church on Sunday.

Source

837. McDonnell Douglas F-15-The McDonnell Douglas F-15 can reach 30,000 ft (9,100m) in 60 seconds and has a thrust-to-weight ratio that allows the aircraft to accelerate while flying straight up. It is also the only aircraft to ever shoot down a satellite orbiting in space.

Source

838. Rotten Tomatoes-Comcast (NBC Universal) owns 70% of Rotten Tomatoes and Warner Bros the remaining 30%

Source

839. Santa School in Michigan-Since 1937, hundreds of Santas every year attend the Santa School in Michigan, with curriculum that includes Santa history, sign language, handling difficult present requests, sleigh flight lessons, and the habits of live reindeer.

Source

840. Ching Shih-The most successful pirate of all time was a Chinese prostitute called Ching Shih. She commanded the Red Flag Fleet of over 1,800 ships and up to 200,000 pirates. The British, Portuguese and the Qing dynasty were unable to defeat her. She instituted the Pirate Code. She was granted amnesty, retired with all her loot and opened a gambling house.

Source

6 COMMENTS

  1. Would you mind if I started to post these facts on iFunny? I really think people would love them and I would of course credit and link your website.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here