Prior to World War I, sharpshooter Annie Oakley was touring Europe. By his request, she knocked the ash from a cigarette being held by German Emperor, Kaiser Wilhelm II. When World War I broke out, she wrote to him and requested a second shot.
2. In 2003, the US troops found approximately 650 Million US Dollars inside the walls of Saddam Hussein's palace.
3. After watching Saddam Hussein's execution, a 10-year-old from Texas hanged himself. At least six other suicides took place around the world at that time, and are considered "copycat" hangings.
4. As head of Iraq's Olympic Committee, Saddam Hussein's son Uday dragged athletes who underperformed through a gravel pit, then immersed them in sewage to induce infection.
5. Saddam Hussein's love of a grilled fish dish called masgouf caused the U.S. to discover Saddam Hussein's hiding place in 2003.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
20 Scary Mental & Psychological Illnesses - Part 1
According to the US soldiers who guarded him, one of the few times Saddam Hussein ever looked defeated in prison was when they brought him the wrong cereal. (He hated Fruit Loops.)
7. Romanian dictator Ceaușescu built a huge parliament building in Bucharest, with a big balcony for addressing the people, but was overthrown and killed before completion. The 1st person to use this balcony was Michael Jackson.
8. Saddam Hussein's last words were "There is no god but Allah, and Muhammad-" before the executioner let the floor out from beneath the gallows, cutting him off midsentence.
9. Saddam Hussein's regime genocided an entire race of 500,000 people known as the "Marsh Arabs" after the Persian Gulf War by literally destroying the environment that their entire civilization was built upon, building 32 dams to turn their homes and farms into the desert.
10. The first time the Japanese people heard The Emperor Hirohito's voice on the radio was when he announced Japan's surrender in World War 2.
11Ho Chi Minh
Because the Russians did such a great job embalming Lenin, the Vietnamese flew Ho Chi Minh's corpse to Russia once a year for a "refresh."
12. Saddam Hussein used Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" as his campaign song in the 2002 election
13. Saddam Hussein had a daughter named Hala of whom no photographs or records exist, and that her current whereabouts are unknown.
14. Saddam Hussein received an award from UNESCO for eradicating illiteracy and establishing national primary education
15. At the time of his death, Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi was the world's richest man, worth $200 billion.
Once during Ramadan, Condoleezza Rice was invited by Muammar Gaddafi to dinner at his private kitchen. After dinner, Gaddafi told her he had made a videotape for her. It was a collection of photos of Rice with world leaders set to the music of a song called ‘Black Flower in the White House’.
17. Muammar Gaddafi commissioned a Libyan TV channel that had a 24/7 loop of his favorite film, The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension.
18. Muammar Gaddafi proposed the dissolution of Switzerland in 2009 after Swiss authorities arrested his son for assault.
19. Daniel "Chappie" James Jr., the first African-American to reach the rank of four-star general, had an Old West-style standoff with Colonel Muammar Gaddafi, who complied and pulled back after James demanded him to move his hand away from his gun.
20. The leader of Libya, Muammar al-Gaddafi, had a 40-member bodyguard contingent, known as the Amazonian Guard, which is entirely female. All women who qualify for duty supposedly must be virgins and are hand-picked by Gaddafi himself.
At the time of World War 1, the King of Britain, Russia, and Germany were all first cousins. When asked about World War 1, Kaiser Wilhelm of Germany sarcastically remarked, "If my grandmother [Queen Victoria] had been alive, she would never have allowed it."
22. After being shot, kicked, and spat upon, the bodies of Benito Mussolini and his mistress were hung upside down on meathooks from the roof of an Esso gas station. The bodies were then stoned by civilians from below.
23. Benito Mussolini tried to stabilize the Leaning Tower of Pisa by filling the base with concrete, only to have it sag further.
24. Mobster Bugsy Siegel traveled to Italy in 1938 and offered to kill Hermann Goering, Joseph Goebbels, and Benito Mussolini, but was stopped by his anxious mistress.
25. Benito Mussolini drove his secret first wife (Ida Dalser) and son to early deaths in lunatic asylums because they threatened his rise to power. His henchmen then tried to erase all traces of their relationship.