76Mumbai train bombings
India was attacked on 7/11. Bombs were set off on the Suburban Railway in Mumbai, 209 people were killed and over 700 were injured.
77. There are huge "step wells" (Chand Boari) in India up to 13 stories deep which keep the water 5-6 degrees cooler than it is at the surface
78. A village (Piplantri) in Rajasthan, India plants 111 trees every time a girl is born, ensuring the tree's survival over the years. The village has planted over 250,000 trees.
79. A pigeon was held in India and kept under police guard on an allegation of spying for Pakistan
80. There is a tree in India whose canopy covers 3.7 acres (14,5000 square meters) in the area making it the widest tree in the world.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
20 Scary Mental & Psychological Illnesses - Part 1
There's a Deaf KFC in Pakistan, India and Egypt made for and handled by deaf people.
82. There are more tigers in Texas than in their native land of India
83. After the Kargil War of 1999 between India and Pakistan, Indian Army recommended to Pakistan that one of their soldier (Karnal Sher Khan) be honored for bravery by them. Pakistan accepted the recommendation, posthumously awarding him their highest military honor.
84. In India, you can have your fresh home-cooked lunch picked up and delivered to your office by Dabbawalas with less than one error per six million deliveries.
85. During World War II, the British Government covered the Taj Mahal with Bamboo scaffoldings to protect it from German Bombers. This was done again during 1965 and 1971 when India was involved in conflicts with Pakistan.
Lord Cornwallis, the general famous for leading the British Army during the American Revolution became Governor-General of India after the war and is buried there in a tomb overlooking the Ganges River.
87. India has the largest government midday meal program in the world, feeding 120 million students per day for free.
88. There's a village (Asola Fatehpur Beri ) in India that exclusively produces bouncers and bodyguards for New Delhi nightclubs.
89. In 2004, exercise between the US and the Indian Air Forces, Indian pilots notched up an astounding 9:1 kill ratio. U.S. pilots said that the Indian pilots showed innovation and flexibility in their tactics. and that they came into the exercise underrating the training and tactics of the IAF
90. The Great Gama is the only undefeated wrestler in the world. His career spanned 50 years. And Bruce Lee was a fan.
91Puppy pregnancy syndrome
A major cause of human rabies deaths in India is faith healing as people believe that they've been impregnated by puppies after being bitten by a dog and consult a healer instead of a doctor before it's too late. This mass hysteria is called Puppy pregnancy syndrome.