76Constantine XI Palaiologos
Constantine XI Palaiologos, the last Roman Emperor. 564 years ago today, as Ottoman cannons breached the once-mighty Theodosian Walls of Constantinople, he donned the appearance of a common soldier and led his remaining men to one last valiant charge in the name of Rome and their home.
77. Serial killer John Wayne Gacy (killing at least 33 young men) was very active in local community activities. As a result of his contributions, he met and was photographed with then-First Lady Rosalynn Carter and given special security clearance by the secret service.
78. A man once received a heart transplant from a suicide victim, married the donor's widow, then killed himself four years later in the same manner as the donor.
79. 18th-century Prussian king Frederick William I was obsessed with having soldiers over 6 foot tall. He paid families for tall children, kidnapped tall men, bred them by pairing up his soldiers with tall women, and even stretched them on a rack to make them taller.
80. In 1922, Nikola Tesla imagined that his favorite pigeon told him that she was dying. When she actually did shortly after, he said that "something went out of his life and he knew his life's work was finished".
Latest FactRepublic Video:
15 Most Controversial & Costly Blunders in History
It snowed 8 inches on the eve of John F. Kennedy's inauguration. To clear Pennsylvania Avenue, an army of men worked all night, using flame-throwers.
82. Bohemian Grove is a 137-year-old secret camp, that Nixon called "The faggiest goddamn thing you could ever imagine". The camp is private and only open to the rich and powerful men of the world.
83. In May 2011, two Muslim men in traditional Muslim attire were removed from an airplane after other passengers said they were uncomfortable. The men were on their way to a conference on prejudice against Muslims
84. Women and men who like the taste of beer are 60% more likely to have sex on the first date
85. Atheism was banned within the Nazi SS. All SS men were required to list themselves as Protestant, Catholic or "believer in God".
86Lead Masks Case
The unsolved death of two men found on a hilltop wearing lead eye masks with no apparent injuries. A nearby notebook was found to contain the message '16:30 be at the specified location. 18:30 ingest capsules after the effect protect metals wait for signal mask'
87. Christopher Columbus, in an effort to induce the natives of Jamaica to continue provisioning him and his hungry men, successfully intimidated the natives by correctly predicting a lunar eclipse
88. While sudden heart attacks during sex are rare, most of them happen to men who are cheating on their wives