Ringneck snakes are venomous.
52. An Inland Taipan in the world is the most venomous snake in the world. One dose can kill 289 people. Second place can kill 65. By comparison, the Indian King Cobra can kill ten.
53. The Band ZZ Top during one of their live stage shows decided to have a mixture of live animals, including vultures, buffaloes, and rattlesnakes on stage, but the buffalo rammed into a tank full of rattlesnakes and released them live on stage.
54. Vava Suresh of India, who has caught 30,000 snakes including 300 king cobras, has survived over 250 snake bites and has had to be put on the ventilator at least five times, declined a government job offer, because then he would not be able to help people when the need arises.
55. King Cobras aren't actually true cobras and are called that because their diet consists of other snakes, including Cobras.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
32 Incredible Easter Eggs You Missed in Harry Potter Movies
An Indonesian pop star died on stage earlier this year after she was bitten by the snake she was dancing with she kept performing for 45 minutes before succumbing to the cobra’s venom
57. A snake's heart can move around its body to protect it from harm when it's eaten large prey
58. In 1978, a dangerous cult called Synanon tried to murder an opponent by placing a de-rattled rattlesnake in his mailbox. The snake did bite Attorney Paul Morantz, but he survived and went on to prosecute Synanon, as well as Church of Scientology, Hare Krishnas, and more.
59. The mimic octopus can change into more than 15 different shapes, including snake, stingray, lionfish, and furry turkey.
60. If a snake gets too hot then it may get so confused that it mistakes its tail for prey, and tries to eat itself until it dies.
61Biagio da Cesena
When Biagio complained about the naked figures in the Sistine Chapel, Michelangelo in response, painted him as the judge of the underworld covering is a naked body with a snake and donkey ears.
62. The animal that kills the most humans each year is the Mosquito at 725,000 deaths, followed by Humans at 475,000, and then Snakes causing 50,000 deaths per year.
63. Due to a robust immune system, Opossums are immune to a variety of deadly snake venom
64. Snake Oil was a real product sold by the Clark Stanley company, and in 1917 the U.S. Govt. had a bottle of it tested, but discovered that it contained inert ingredients and no actual oils extracted from snakes. The government sued and won damages of $20.
65. The only plane allowed to fly on 9/11 after the attacks was a plane from San Diego to Miami delivering anti-venom to a man bitten by a highly poisonous snake it was accompanied by two jet fighters
Pigs are immune to snake venom, a trait shared with mongoose, honey badgers, and hedgehogs
67. Sea snakes are often thirsty and dehydrated; they are dependent on rainwater, which accumulates as a thin layer on the surface of the ocean.
68. Karl Patterson Schmidt, an herpetologist (amphibian expert) who was fatally bitten by a boomslang snake and, knowing he would die, created a scientific account of his own dying process by keeping track of his symptoms right until the very end of his life.
69. The Acanthophis snake is known as the Death Adder but that name is, somewhat ironically, a mishearing of the original name 'Deaf Adder' which comes from the fact that, unlike other snakes, they do not run away from human disturbance.
70. In 2011, Two farmers fed up with bribe demands dumped over 40 live snakes in a local tax office in India
There is a rare snake that has iridescent rainbow colored scales called a sunbeam snake.
72. The Burmese Python infestation in the Florida Everglades likely comes from the destruction of a 900 snake breeding facility during Hurricane Andrew in 1992
73. Snake charming has nothing to do with the music being played but instead, has to do with the instrument's movement.
74. The deadliest sea snake, the beaked sea snake, is actually two look-alike species. Both look identical and are equally deadly.
75. Scorpion venom is the most expensive liquid on earth at $38,858,507.46 per gallon far surpassing Thailand cobra venom which is $152,835.82 a gallon.