A 17-foot statue of Vladimir Lenin has been removed from a rooftop in NYC's East Village, where it stood for 20 years. The statue had been positioned to face Wall Street, the emblem of capitalism.
52. The largest stadium in the world, Rŭngnado May First Stadium, is located in Pyongyang, North Korea. In the late 90's it was used as a venue to publicly burn several army generals that were implicated in an assassination attempt on Kim Jong-Il.
53. Kim Jong-Il's personal sushi chef (Kenji Fujimoto) escaped from North Korea in 2001 by telling the supreme leader he wanted to buy a sea urchin to cook for him. He subsequently wrote a memoir about his experiences with Kim Jong-Il.
54. Paraguay's first dictator, José Gaspar Rodríguez de Francia, forbade colonial citizens from marrying one another and allowed them to marry only blacks, mulattoes or natives, in order to break the power of colonial-era elites and to create a mixed-race or mestizo society.
55. Kim Jong Ils official biography listed, among his achievements, a 38 shot round of golf, ability to control the weather, he never needed to poop and was credited with inventing the hamburger.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
32 Incredible Easter Eggs You Missed in Harry Potter Movies
56Homefront video game
Homefront, a video game released in early 2011, based on a war against a North Korean global power, has so far successfully predicted both the year of Kim Jong-Il's death (2011) and North Korea's nuclear test in 2013.
57. Kim Jong-il had his agricultural minister executed by firing squad due to the North Korean famine, and when the famine got worse he had men dig up his body and posthumously execute him by firing squad.
58. When in North Korea in 2011, graffiti saying "Park Chung Hee and Kim Jong Il are both dictators. Park Chung Hee was a dictator who developed his country’s economy, Kim Jong Il was a dictator who starved people to death” was found at a Pyongyang college, the entire city went into a 3 day lockdown
59. Kim Jong-il is so sensitive about his height (he's ~5'3") that he told all the short people in Pyongyang about a new drug which would make them taller and then deported them all when they showed up. His official bio claims he doesn't poop.
60. Vladimir Lenin spoke English with an Irish accent
61Kim Hyong jik
Kim Jong-un's great-grandfather was a Korean independence activist and a devout Christian missionary.
62. A North Korean general named Hyon-Yong-Chol was executed with an anti-aircraft gun in front of hundreds of people, reportedly for behavior such as falling asleep in Kim Jong-un’s presence.
63. Kim Jong-Il bought an entire brewery in England, shipped it piece by piece to North Korea and got it rebuilt there.
64. Doctors induced labor to make sure the Kim Jong Un's child was born in 2012, which marked the 100th anniversary of North Korean founder Kim Il-sung.
65. Mehmed II and his Ottoman army while on their way to attack Vlad The Impaler came across 20,000 impaled corpses, horrified they turned around.
Kim Jong-un has a degree in physics.
67. Mengistu, the brutal communist dictator of Ethiopia, who had thousands of people executed and may have personally murdered Emperor Haile Selassie is alive and well under asylum in Zimbabwe
68. During the time that Pol Pot ruled Cambodia, at least 1.4 million Cambodians were killed or died. Some individuals loyal to him were even killed for failing to find enough "counter-revolutionaries" to execute.
69. Mao Zedong told Henry Kissinger that China had an excess of females and offered the U.S. 10 million Chinese women.
70. Mao Zedong ordered the people of China to kill sparrows because they steal grain. Since sparrows also eat insects, their absence caused a locust epidemic that ravaged crops and killed millions of people.
Under Mao Zedong, a dentist was executed for malicious slander for comparing a mango to a sweet potato.
72. Mao Zedong killed more people in his reign over China than Hitler and Stalin combined.
73. When Mao Zedong visited Soviet in 1949, Stalin had special toilets installed in order to secretly collect and analyze Mao's excrement
74. King Leopold II of Belgium was responsible for the genocide of 10 million Congolese in the late 1800's
75. As a revolutionary, Joseph Stalin was arrested and exiled to Siberia 6 times. He escaped the first 5. So for his 6th, he was sent to a hamlet just south of the Arctic Circle where he lived as a hunter-gatherer alongside an arctic tribe for 2 years