26Green Arrow's Chili
Green Arrow’s Chili is the spiciest food in the DC Universe. Only Green Arrow himself and Batman can eat it without screaming in pain.
27. In the DC universe, Santa Claus is a powerful 1800-year-old immortal entity whose bone dust was once snorted like cocaine by John Constantine.
28. The original candidate for DC Comics' first headlining black superhero was Black Bomber, a white racist who turned into a black superhero under stress. He was described by historian Don Markstein as "an insult to practically everybody with any point of view at all."
29. In the 80s, DC's New Guardians comic featured a villain named the Hemo-Goblin; a white supremacist vampire who drank AIDS-infested blood and bit black people.
30. After batman and robin rescued it from a slaughterhouse, DC comics included a bat-cow
Latest FactRepublic Video:
15 Most Controversial & Costly Blunders in History
DC Comics once created a hero named Dog Welder, whose strategy was to weld dead dogs to people's faces.
32. Between 1966 and 1970, Warner Bros. and Atlantic Records, Elektra Records, Nonesuch Records, and DC Comics were all acquired by a company that ran parking lots. This company later became Warner Communications, and eventually Time Warner.
33. There is a DC comics supervillain named Snowflame that gets his strength from doing cocaine.
34. There is a DC Comics character named Danny the Street that is a sentient transvestite length of road with the power of teleportation. He travels around the world putting on drag shows for those cast out by society.
35. DC Comics published an alternative version of the Superman comics where Superman landed in a Ukrainian collective and became a hero of the USSR.
As a child, Slade Wilson’s father sold him to the mafia to pay off some old debts.
37. In 1997, Nicolas Cage earned $20 Million to play Superman in Superman Lives, even though he never actually played Superman because the movie got canceled.
38. George Reeves, the actor who played Superman in the 1950s was weary about his young fans after a boy pulled a pistol on him to test Superman's invulnerability. Reeves convinced the boy to give him the gun by telling him that someone else could be hurt when the bullets bounced off.
39. Superman was once bitten by Dracula, but as Superman is powered by the sun, the vampire immediately exploded.
40. According to the comics, Lex Luthor is pissed at Superman because he thinks Superman contributed towards the balding of his head when he was a child.
Bruce Wayne also known as Batman is part owner of the Daily Planet where Clark Kent A.K.A Superman works. So, Batman pays Supermans salary.
42. In the Superman Comics from 1958, Superman got a new power, the ability to project a mini version of himself that had all of his super powers. Eventually, he became jealous of it and tried to kill it, but it ended up sacrificing itself to save him.
43. Superman once wielded Thor's Hammer in the epic crossover of JLA/Avengers. He accomplished this not because he was a Superman, but because he was "Worthy".
44. In Superman/Batman #50, it is revealed that Thomas Wayne convinced Jor-El that Earth would be an appropriate place to send his son.
45. When Batman and Superman were rebooted in 2005 and 2006, Superman Returns made more money globally than Batman Begins.
Henry Cavill almost wasn't cast as Superman in "Man of Steel" because he was busy playing World of Warcraft.
47. The Royal Canadian Mint is printing official coins of Superman in Canadian currency
48. Nicolas Cage named his son Kal-el after Superman.
49. There is a technique in Muay Thai called the "superman punch" that involves faking a kick to gain power behind the strike
50. Superman was first conceived as a bald telepathic villain bent on world domination.