It is illegal for anyone, even children, to wear camouflage clothing of any kind in Barbados.
27. In Idaho, it is legal for cyclists to treat a stop sign as a yield sign, and a red light as a stop sign. This law is commonly referred to as the "Idaho Stop" and has not been adopted in any other state.
28. In Mexico, the act of escaping from prison is considered legal because the law recognizes that all people have a fundamental desire to be free.
29. It is legal in California to drive a motorcycle between two cars in their lane (lane splitting) and only 53% of state residents know that it is legal.
30. LSD (Acid) was legal for decades, was given to undergraduate psychiatry students as part of their education, and it has the highest success rate in recorded history for treating alcoholism.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
32 Incredible Easter Eggs You Missed in Harry Potter Movies
It is illegal to bring a copy of "Robinson Crusoe" into the micro-nation of Kingdom of Elleore (micronation located on the island of Elleore), and if you do, your punishment is 11 minutes and 17 seconds in prison.
32. Adult incest is legal in New Jersey.
33. Pinball was illegal for 30 years in many major US cities. Politicians thought that pinball was a game based on chance and therefore must have been a mob-run scam. The ban ended when a master pinball player was called in front of a committee to demonstrate his skill.
34. In EVE Online (Online game) a player set up an in-game bank that operated legitimately for several months. The bank's founder then stole nearly 790 billion units of in-game currency, nearly $170,000 in real-world dollars. This was all perfectly legal.
35. In 2009, EA sent out brass knuckles to the game writers of the Godfather II before realizing that they were illegal in most of the states they sent them to, including California, where EA is based.
In Denmark, it is illegal to burn foreign flags, but not illegal to burn the Danish flag.
37. It is illegal to spay or neuter your dog in Norway except under specific circumstances regarding health, quality of life, or utility.
38. In Pennsylvania, it is illegal to use milk crates for anything besides milk and unauthorized use of milk cases can induce a fine of $300 or imprisonment up to 90 days.
39. On Feb 20th, 1792 George Washington signed the Postal Service Act, making it illegal for postal officials to open anyone's mail.
40. Mississippi is the only state in the US where it is legal to drive while drinking an alcoholic beverage, as long as the driver stays under the legal limit of .08%.
it is illegal to smoke in cars with children in Arkansas, California, Louisiana, Maine, Oregon, Puerto Rico, Utah, and Vermont. The minimum age of the child varies according to the state.
42. It is illegal to name a pig Napoleon in France.
43. In Alabama, it is illegal to wear a fake mustache that causes laughter in church.
44. Mullets (Haircut) are illegal in Iran.
45. It is illegal in many US Cities to put money in an expired parking meter whether it is your car or not.
In China, it's illegal to use a wordplay or a pun in advertising or on television.
47. A clothes shop in Beijing banned Chinese customers and it is perfectly legal in China as there is no legal ban on racial discrimination. One employee’s explanation for the ban was that some Chinese customers are too annoying and that Chinese women often try lots of clothing but end up buying nothing.
48. Although being gay is illegal in Iran, being transgender is fully accepted. Although, once you change gender, you must then only date the opposite gender.
49. Haggis (Dish) is illegal in the US because one of its key ingredients is sheep lungs.
50. Slavery is still legal in the United States, but only as a form of Punishment. This is also known as the Punishment Clause.