Out of the top 30 100m sprint times, only 9 were run by athletes not associated with doping, all 9 are by Usain Bolt.
2. A Stanford study (2016) found a positive correlation between the use of profanity and honesty. In both individuals and groups, those who use profanity tend to be more honest.
3. Mosquitoes can not only smell what blood type you are, they prefer type O. In fact, people who are type O are twice as likely to be bitten than someone who is type A.
4. People who speak 2 or more languages often have separate “Assigned” personalities for those languages.
5. People who grow up in cities are twice as likely to develop schizophrenia, even when controlling for drug use and ethnicity.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
32 Incredible Easter Eggs You Missed in Harry Potter Movies
A 2011 study revealed that people who eat candy weigh less than those who don't. The study was sponsored by the "National Confectioners Association."
7. People who post their fitness routine to Facebook are more likely to have psychological problems.
8. Tests that have been done since 1933 have shown that people who talk about their intentions are less likely to make them happen.
9. 75% of people who work 4 days a week report high job satisfaction and less illness in the workplace. Over half (69%) report lower stress levels.
10. People who play video games are more likely to be lucid dreamers (have control over their actions in dreams) than those who don't.
People who post Facebook status updates about their romantic partner are more likely to have low self-esteem, while those who brag about diets, exercise, and accomplishments are typically narcissists.
12. A study conducted at the University of Montreal showed that young people who played the 1996 game Super Mario 64 for just two months had increased spatial and episodic memory, which improves brain capacity and helping to forestall dementia.
13. There is a strong correlation between people who buy birdseed and people who usually pay their debts. Inversely, people who buy chrome accessories for their car tend to not pay their debts in full.
14. In a study of people who believed they were sensitive to gluten, over 86% weren't.
15. A study showed that children whose parents placed the children’s pacifiers in their own mouths before giving it to the child were less likely to develop allergies like eczema and asthma later in life.
People who are depressed can dream 3 times more than the people who are not depressed.
17. Hungry men tend to be more attracted to women with higher body weight than men who have eaten.
18. Scientists have found that people who abstain from alcohol are also more likely to lack social skills, have higher levels of anxiety, and have more mental health issues than those considered heavy drinkers.
19. Blue-eyed people tend to have a higher alcohol tolerance and are therefore more likely to be drunks.
20. According to a study, children that have been exposed to family violence show much of the same brain activity as soldiers that have been in combat.
People who don’t get enough sleep are more likely to have bigger appetites due to the fact that their leptin levels (leptin is an appetite-regulating hormone) fall, promoting appetite increase.
22. People who cry more are seen as warmer individuals who are more approachable. At the same time though, these individuals are seen as being less competent or "stupid."
23. People who consume a hallucinogenic drug may experience a mental disorder called hallucinogen persisting perception disorder, in which they continue experiencing the visual hallucinations and distortions from the drug long after it has worn off. Researchers don't know why this occurs.
24. A 2-year study showed that washing hands 5 times daily reduced the incidence of respiratory infections by 45%.
25. Studies by researchers have shown that people who consistently sleep in fetal position tend to have a shy and sensitive personality.