26Stiftskeller St. Peter
There is a pub named Stiftskeller St. Peter in Austria that has been fully operational since 803 A.D.
27. When Gandhi was still in South Africa, he didn't fight for equality of races but rather that Indians were superior to blacks and that they deserved better treatment.
28. The US government has over one billion cubic meters of helium stored in a strategic reserve in Texas. The reserve was started in the 1920s and was originally intended for airships but was later used as a coolant for the space program.
29. In 2015, Ireland's GDP had a massive 26% spike, all because Apple moved it's intellectual property assets into Ireland for tax purposes.
30. Bars play loud music because it is good for their bottom line. Loud music makes customers drink faster and in greater quantities.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
32 Incredible Easter Eggs You Missed in Harry Potter Movies
In a 1964 survey about civil rights, 63% of Americans said the protestors were pushing too fast, 58% said they were violent, and 58% said they were hurting their own cause.
32. The Brand Killer is an augmented reality headset that detects and blocks advertisements.
33. The phrase hocus pocus originated in the Middle Ages from the Latin phrase "hoc est corpus meum" (this is my body) during the sacrament of communion. Those who didn't know Latin thought they were saying hocus pocus.
34. Using sheep as subjects for Huntington's disease research, scientists discovered they are able to recognize human faces, even from photographs. Upon seeing a photograph of its handler for the first time (the sheep had never seen an image of this person before), the sheep did a 'double take'.
35. The actual name of "Shaggy" from Scooby-Doo is Norville Rogers.
Danny Devito did the voice of the Lorax in English, German, Italian, Spanish, and Russian.
37. Jehovah’s Witnesses believe Satan was cast down to earth on October 1, 1914, and that only 144,000 will enter Heaven. The rest of the righteous will be resurrected and enjoy life after death in a cleansed planet after Armageddon.
38. Men can develop postpartum depression, and it is linked to lower levels of testosterone after the birth of a baby.
39. Brandenn E. Bremmer was a musical prodigy who taught himself to read at 18 months and played the piano at the age of 3. He completed high school at the age of 10 and committed suicide at 14.
40. Since the death of Confucius in 479 B.C., all his descendants have been registered. With over 2 million registered descendants alive today, it is the largest family tree in the world.
In the Netherlands, peanut butter is called pindakaas, or "peanut cheese" because of the term "butter" being a protected term for foods that contain butter.
42. Mark Ruffalo was set to appear in the movie 'Signs' but had to drop out when he was diagnosed with a brain tumor. His part went to Joaquin Phoenix. The brain tumor turned out to be benign. Following surgery, he suffered from a partial facial paralysis for a few weeks, eventually fully recovering.
43. The U.S. Nuclear System relies on 8-inch Floppy Disks.
44. Owing to the severity of death threats from local Mafia, the public prosecutor named Nino Di Matteo of Sicily has 42 bodyguards.
45. There are Penguins that live in rainforests of Stewart Island in New Zealand.
We can't make up for a sleep deficit by sleeping longer another day.
47. After Winston Churchill was knocked down by a car in New York in 1931, his doctor issued a medical note that Churchill’s convalescence “necessitates the use of alcoholic spirits, especially at mealtimes,” specifying 250 cc's (8 oz) per day as the minimum.
48. A total of 130,000 square miles of land in Russia, or an area slightly larger than New Mexico if put together, is designated a "Zapovednik". It is a strict nature reserve where access for humans is severely restricted, and in many cases completely banned (apart from wildlife researchers).
49. In 2014, Mexican mayor Hilario Ramirez admitted to stealing money from the government treasury and when confronted publicly said: “yes but only a little cause we are in hard times”. He was later reelected.
50. Vampire bats sense infrared light using a modified capsaicin receptors, so its possible we look spicy to vampires.