26Pledge of Allegiance
The Pledge of Allegiance was a marketing tool to sell flags to US schools.
27. The Foo Fighters once canceled a tour so they could play for David Letterman on his first show back from heart surgery.
28. Claudette Colvin was arrested for refusing to give up her seat on a bus in segregated Montgomery, Alabama, 9 months prior to Rosa Parks. She was not promoted because she was a teenager who was impregnated by a married man.
29. The word "dude" was 19th-century slang for a dandy and was likely shortened from "doodle" as in Yankee Doodle Dandy.
30. When Rivers Cuomo, the lead singer of Weezer, returned to university at Harvard, he wrote in his diary that kids wearing Weezer T-Shirts would never recognize him.
During the 1912 Olympics, one of the Japanese athletes named Kanakuri Shizō abandoned the race and didn't notify race officials. He later completed it when he was notified of this in 1967, making his official finish time 54 years, 8 months, 6 days, 8 hours, 32 minutes, 20.3 seconds.
32. When communicating about floral resources bees on cocaine like to talk more and also tend to exaggerate how much was actually there in the first place.
33. Pocahontas and Shakespeare were alive at the same time and died only a year apart.
34. In 2015, Spanish workers destroyed a 6,000-year-old Neolithic tomb, mistaking it for a broken picnic table. They replaced it with a ‘better' picnic table.
35. License plate sized tiles known as "Toynbee tiles" began appearing around the United States and South America in the 80's that contained cryptic messages about resurrecting the dead on Jupiter. Over 300 have been found so far and has influenced copycat artists.
After winning the 1962 European Cup, Benfica coach Béla Guttmann asked for a pay rise. When denied, he allegedly cursed the club and said: "Not in a hundred years from now will Benfica ever win a European Cup". They have since reached 8 European Cup finals and lost all of them.
37. Despite critical acclaim, "The Wire" received poor ratings, which the creator attributed to the complexity of the plot, a poor time slot, heavy use of esoteric slang, and a predominantly black cast.
38. On August 1st each year the people of Warsaw, Poland stop everything to pay homage to the Warsaw Uprising, the largest rebellion of World War 2, which cost over 200,000 lives and destruction of the capital.
39. Bumblebees can fly higher than Mount Everest.
40. Johnny Knoxville has to use a catheter twice a day as a result of a stunt gone wrong.
A man named Bob Teixeira in Charlotte, North Carolina spent $1,200 to convert his diesel car to run on vegetable oil. He was fined $1,000 by the state for not paying gasoline taxes and told he would need to post a $2,500 bond before using the oil
42. The reason for the aliens in Indiana Jones 4 was George Lucas. Spielberg didn't want "aliens or inter-dimensional beings."
43. Las Vegas isn't actually in Las Vegas. Most of the strip and casinos are located in unincorporated Paradise, Nevada as a tax-dodge.
44. An Israeli peanut snack called Bamba, which is eaten at an early age within Israel greatly reduces the chance of the child having peanut allergies, and studies with high-risk children showed that eating Bamba made child's chances of contracting an allergy 5 times less than avoiding them.
45. Simpsons creator Matt Groening chose yellow for the color of the characters because he wanted viewers to think the color on their television was off balance.
46Grilled cheese sandwich
According to the USDA, grilled cheese and PBJ are not sandwiches. A sandwich is "a meat or poultry filling between two slices of bread, a bun, or a biscuit."
47. Dogs are used in courtrooms to help child crime victims tell their stories.
48. 1 in 2 employees in the US in 2016 would leave their current job if they got a better offer.
49. Domino's dropped its "30 minutes or less" guarantee in the US in 1993 after a series of lawsuits accused the company of promoting unsafe driving.
50. In the 2020 Tokyo Summer Olympics, skateboarding will be included for the very first time as an Olympic game. Bowling was also suggested but didn't make the final 5 additions.