26Love letter about Caesar
Caesar and Cato fiercely debated in the Roman Senate over a conspiracy to seize power, when a note was delivered to Caesar. Cato alleged this could implicate his involvement, imploring him to read it. He handed it to Cato who read it out loud. It was a lustful love letter from Cato's sister.
27. In 2005, in Northern Nigeria a group of Muslim leaders declared the polio vaccine to be a conspiracy to sterilize the true believers. Subsequently, the disease began to spread again
28. A conspiracy theory in which Stephen Hawking died in the 80's and was replaced by a body-double.
29. There is a conspiracy theory that Stevie Wonder isn't actually blind.
30. There is a seriously held conspiracy theory that the comedian Bill Hicks is not dead; he is actively performing as Alex Jones.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
32 Incredible Easter Eggs You Missed in Harry Potter Movies
A conspiracy theory which alleges that Nintendo's President Gunpei Yokoi hired the Yakuza to murder Gunpei Yokoi, creator of the Game Boy
32. A civil jury found that Martin Luther King, Jr. had been the victim of assassination by a conspiracy involving the Memphis police as well as federal agencies. The King family sought a mere $100 in restitution to show that they were not pursuing the case for financial gain.
33. There is a growing conspiracy theory that the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting never happened. As a result, many of the victim's families are being harassed.
34. Hoffmann-La Roche, a pharmaceutical company that made almost $10bn in 2014 was found out to be a part of a large conspiracy in 1999 to fix prices for vitamins, for the second time, and fined $500m, the first whistleblower was found out and sent to jail and so his wife committed suicide
35. There's a whole conspiracy theory about NASA hiding a "second sun"
The HIV/AIDS conspiracy theory in which the disease was manufactured by the US government, was actually a KGB misinformation campaign, Operation INFEKTION
37. From 2001 to 2006 manufacturers colluded in an international LCD price fixing conspiracy
38. India's moon orbiter took photos of the Apollo landing site, debunking the conspiracy theory that the US faked the moon landings.
39. There is a widespread conspiracy theory that Eminem died in 2006 and was replaced by a lookalike
40. There is a conspiracy theory that we are living in a parallel universe due to the spelling of the children's books The Berenstain Bears
Saddam Hussein commissioned the production of a "Blood Qur'an", written using 27 liters of his own blood, to thank God for saving him from dangers and conspiracies.
42. Those plane trails in the sky are caused by condensation, and there's a conspiracy theory that believes they are chemicals sprayed by the government.
43. There is a conspiracy theory that a 1980's CIA project involved teleporting people to its colony on Mars
44. Ri Jong-Chol, a suspect in the murder of the estranged half-brother of North Korea’s leader, said in Beijing that he was a victim of a conspiracy by Malaysian authorities attempting to damage the honor of North Korea.
45. The very high cost of Diamonds and the public perception as a symbol of romance was a manufactured phenomenon to create profit for a conspiracy of diamond mining organizations
46Western Medical Conspiracy
Over 300,000 people in South Africa got needlessly infected with HIV after state officials supported charlatan vitamin treatment instead of "western medical conspiracy".
47. FEDEX was charged with distribution of controlled substances and conspiracy to distribute misbranded drugs when the DEA told it to stop a list of drug dealers but refused to give the list when FEDEX tried to comply. FEDEX pleaded not guilty since they had no way to tell who was on the list.
48. There is a conspiracy theory that Egyptian treasures and tunnels were found in the Grand Canyon in 1909 and subsequently covered up by the Smithsonian. The area in question has numerous Egyptian landmark names and is currently off-limits to all hikers.
49. Jack Ruby, the killer of Lee Harvey Oswald, held a press conference in 1965 to state that he was part of a broader conspiracy to overthrow the U.S. Government.
50. A (now debunked) conspiracy theory that Marisa Tomei didn't actually win an Oscar in 1993. The theory goes that elderly presenter Jack Palance couldn't actually read the card he was given, so he just called out the last name on the teleprompter and the Academy went along out of embarrassment.