26Tom Moore Jr.
Tom Moore Jr., a member of the Texas House of Representatives, introduced an April Fools resolution to illustrate how some of his colleagues didn’t read things they voted on. The bill passed in 1971, officially commending The Boston Strangler for his work in population control.
27. In 2014, as an April Fool’s joke, Audi advertised a car with a built-in rice cooker in Japan
28. Mattel made and sold Wonder Woman's “invisible jet” as a collectible. The package was an empty plastic shell with nothing inside and was originally intended as an April Fool's joke.
29. For April Fools, Taco Bell claimed to have bought the Liberty Bell and was renaming it the "Taco Liberty Bell." When the White House Press Secretary was asked about it, he said Ford was buying the Lincoln Memorial and renaming it the Lincoln-Mercury Memorial.
30. Google executive chairman Eric Schmidt was April Fooled early in his career when his office was taken apart and rebuilt on a platform in the middle of a pond complete with a working phone.
Latest FactRepublic Video:
Room of Forgotten Souls
Students once hacked the MIT website to say that Disney had bought the school for $6.9 billion as an April Fools’ Day prank.
32. In 1997 for April Fools, many comic strip artists switched comics and each drew another one's comic. It was called the Great Comic Strip Switcharoo.
33. As an April Fools’ Day prank, Sports Illustrated fooled the NY Mets' fan base by successfully convincing them the team had signed Sidd Finch, a pitching phenomenon who could throw the ball at 168 mph. He learned the "art of the pitch" in a Tibetan monastery, under the "great poet-saint Lama Milaraspa."
34. On April Fools’ Day 2002, NASA posted a picture that proved the moon was made of cheese including expiration date.
35. UK retailer Gamestation changed their end-user license agreement for April Fools’ Day, 2010. That day, 7500 customers agreed to sell their "immortal soul".
36Double Down sandwich marketing
The KFC Double Down was originally introduced as an April Fools’ Day joke but was kept on the menu because it had such a positive response.
37. Easter will be on April Fool's Day in 2018
38. April Fools Day in 1998, Burger King took out a full-page ad in USA Today introducing a Whopper designed especially for lefties. The new burger would contain the same ingredients as the original but rotated 180°. Thousands of customers swarmed BK restaurants requesting the "lefty" Whopper.
39. For an April fools prank, Virgin cola announced they had a new technology that would turn their cans blue when they expired. They advised their customers not to buy blue cans. Coincidentally, Pepsi had just released their bright blue can design.
40. On April Fools Day in 1989, billionaire Richard Branson designed a hot air balloon to look like a UFO and hired a dwarf in an E.T. costume to come out and scare whoever was near it when it landed.
April 1st, 2010 someone put banners all around New York for the anticipating opening of the first In and Out Burger to open in the East Coast.
42. In 1998 someone pulled an April Fools claiming Alabama had redefined pi to 3.0 to bring it in line with biblical values. Politicians got calls complaining.
43. The Oregon legislature orchestrated a bipartisan Rickroll in their statehouse by inserting lyric snippets into their floor speeches and stitching them together and released the video on YouTube on April Fools Day.
44. 2 DJ's in Florida were fined and suspended on April Fools after telling listeners Dihydrogen Monoxide (H20) was coming out of their taps. This caused Widespread Panic.
45. HTTP status code 418: "I'm a teapot", created as an April Fool's joke, but officially documented by IETF for "networked coffee pots".
Since 1957 the BBC have been playing April Fool pranks on their viewers. Their hoax in 2010 was claiming that they had proof that Shakespeare was French.
47. In 1977 The Guardian newspaper produced a 7-page supplement for April Fool's day detailing the discovery of a fictional island called San Serriffe that was in the shape of a colon. Thousands fell for the hoax leading to a tradition of April Fool's stories.
48. Each year on April Fools Day, James Randi gives an award to expose frauds called the Pigasus Award.
49. The Drew Carey Show used to do April Fools Day episodes filled with intentional mistakes and fans would win prizes for mailing in all the ones they caught.
50. An April Fools prank in 2012, Google announced a fake Google Maps cartridge for the Nintendo Entertainment System/Famicom, which had a built-in dial-up modem.